stomach problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobolee, Jan 9, 2003.

1. bobolee

bobolee New Member

First, I want to thank all of you who responded to my first posting. I wanted to respond back, but couldn't figure out how. Do many of you have stomach problems with your Fibro???I have an upset stomach often, bloating, and sometimes nausea. Is this part of this disease??? My whole "being" seems to be falling apart. I try to tell myself not to worry about it, but of course I start thinking that there may be something very wrong here. (I am sure that that is not the case -just started when the flare up this time came on.)I have little appetite and have a hard time eating much of anything.
  2. little

little Member

I saw the doctor a couple of months ago and she said that it is part of FM. It is hard for me to find anything that doesn't hurt my stomach. I just as not eat anything. I usually eat baby food. Gail
  3. achy

achy New Member

I had to giggle reading your post.....I am sitting here, not wanting to move because the nausea is so bad. It seems to come out of the blue. This AM I woke up ok, but then 1/2 hour later whamo. Sometimes the only thing that helps is apple/cinn oatmeal. If that doesn't work I take 1/2 phenergan the doc gave me.
    I too wonder if it's something besides the FM..."they" keep telling me it's not. sometimes I think nausea is worse than the pain...it comesat the worst times...driving, shopping, etc. I don't puke often, but I do on occasion. Yucko
    Whoi knows...I hate this DD

Warm Fuzzies
    Achy
  4. lgdep

lgdep New Member

I am new to the message board. I have had a lot of stomach problems also. I was told many years ago I had the Epstein-Barr virus, I guess now it's called chronic fatigue, I cannot get a doctor to really discuss it with me. They kind of roll their eyes and don't say much about it. I have a flare up now with weakness, congestion, stomach nausea, churning, bloating, headache. I am going to check out the flax seed I've been reading about from some of the messages. I know how you feel, I'd do anything not to have the stomach upset so much.