stomach problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lazygrant, Jul 17, 2003.

1. lazygrant

lazygrant New Member

i awoke this a.m. @ 3:00 a.m. with a horrible stomach ache, vomited 3 times, took pepto and went back to bed. woke up again @ 5:00 a.m. pain in the pit of my stomach, right between the rib cage, vomited again once. stayed up. its now 9:00 and haven't thrown up since 5:00 a.m. the stomach is still yucky and i am totally drained. any ideas? any bugs going around. i've had this dd for 12 years, and always something new, i will never get used to all the symptoms and flare ups. i can do good for a few days, sometimes even a few weeks, them boom! any suggestions, or dx, or remedies out there?
  2. Amyd

Amyd New Member

just bumping for lazygrant!!!
  3. kgg

kgg New Member

You asked on another post if it is leaky gut. Vomiting doesn't usually go along with leaky gut, in my experience. But you can have it. Symptoms of leaky gut would be food allergies/intolerances, fatigue, headaches, gi stuff like constipation etc. Do you have a fever? Or any other symptoms. I'd like to see you be call the doc's office. See what they recommend for you. Get this acute vomiting under control then explore the leaky gut possiblity. Hope you feel better soon. -Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 07/18/2003]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Something you ate. If you are running a temperature with this, I would call the doc and I would definitely call if this keeps us. Be sure to stay hydrated and if you don't have some sports drinks around, take some salt with your water.

Most people do have Leaky Gut Syndrom after about 35 unless they take good care of themselves with probiotics and enzymes. It starts out slowly and just gets worse.

BTW, I just got a new catalog from ProHealth and Jarro-Dophilus probiotics are now in a form which does not require refrigeration. This is great!

Love, Mikie
  5. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

a bug to me. If it were to go on for a few days, I'd definitely head to the doctors. My whole family had a stomach bug at Christmas time and guess who got it longer and worst than anyone else.

Yup, if you guessed me you were right. I wasn't right for at least 2 weeks and lost 12 pounds. Hope this passes quickly for you. Tulip