Stomach virus for almost 3 wks,very weak,losing weight

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sorekitty, Nov 11, 2006.

1. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Everyone, I am so sick and so weak. This is awful. My dr said this nasty virus has been going around that is not just regular stomach flu that runs through you quickly but lasts about 3 weeks and feels like someone is punching your insides. I got it 3 weeks ago, had it for nearly 2 weeks then felt over it for an entire week. Then got it again last Sunday.

My naturopath was just starting changes to my diet and giving me supplements to help my digestion. Apparently, I am unusual in that I don't digest carbs or protein. My carbs improved but protein got worse! I was already losing weight which was not good for me and now I've lost more. Naturopath says my body has nothing to run on and is starting to eat my own muscle beds(so gross). I feel disgusting. As soon as I get over this flu I can hopefully start the diet and supplements that will help me digest.

But this illness keeps hanging on and I'm feeling at the end of my rope emotionally and physically. Trying to care for my 4 year old boy who is very high maintenence (very cute but needs a lot from me, sigh). I just want to get well. I've lost about 12 pounds that I did NOT need to lose! I'm getting a little panic here. My friend told me how great that is I can eat extra ice cream etc. but that is not the way it is. I don't gain even when I try hard!!!

All I can have now is ginger tea, apple sauce, white rolls, white rice and bananas. In very small doses. I'm so upset.

Sorekitty

2. STARSTAR

STARSTAR New Member

SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE SO SICK. I HAD A BUG A FEW MONTHS BACK AND THREW UP FOR 5 DAYS STRAIGHT I WAS SO ILL AND I STAYED SICK FOR WEEKS...I NOW FEAR THAT IT WILL COME AGAIN, NOW THAT IT IS FLU SEASON...I DO FEEL FOR YOU...TRY AND REST...EXCUSE THE CAPITALS IT JUST HELPS ME SEE BETTER WHEN I'M TYPING...

STARSTAR*
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Have you been back to your dr. since you are not getting any better? I did not see in your post whether you have or not. Sounds like you may need to go back. I am so sorry you are so ill. I will say a prayer for you! Kim :)
  4. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

all for the support and well wishes. Um, yes I did see my doctor this week. She is having me take probiotics for one month. She thinks that the first bout of this flu I almost got over but some of it was still left so I ended up having it come back. She also wants me to be careful not to push eating other foods yet. Take things slow.

I gotta go back to bed actually for the night. Thank goodness you are all here. Appreciate it.
  5. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I'm with you..........started a month ago with fever, achies, weakness and of course my stomach. Barely ate for the first couple of weeks; stopped all supplements, and
    rested alot.

Going on my 5th week now, and still low grade fever, a little stronger, but wake up in the morning feeling sick.

Good news is I have a homeopathic remedy by BHI called "Stomach", and I take one as needed. Lately it's just been when I first wake up, and it clears it.

Stomach upset affects our whole body and is just the worst. Supposed to go to eat "out" tonight, and I'm wondering what that's going to do. Just have to be really careful what I eat.

Hopefully you're on the down side soon. I know the misery you're going thru.

LIGHT**************carole