Stop and Smell the puppies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Redwillow, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Greenbean I love your slogan: Stop and smell the puppies!

I have two furbabies Jake a yellow lab and Murphy a black lab. They give me so much joy and keep me smiling.

Thanks for the smiles.

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Sassy

Yes that was me and of course I remember you. I haven't been around much lately but feeling a little lonely so I thought I would reach out and say hi to some people who understand what FM is like.

I hope you are doing ok.

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Sorry, greenbean, I never really understood your slogan. I kept meaning to ask. What does it mean?
    ((hugs)) Shannon
  4. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I just wanted to see how you were doing.

Hows your hot tub you lucky girl! Save me a space...Ill drive to Canada for a hot tub!!!

Hugs,
    Stephanie
    [This Message was Edited on 09/03/2006]
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

The hot tub is fantastic Stephie thanks for asking! Sure there is a spot for you! Last night we sat in the warm water with cold rain coming down! It felt fantastic!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  6. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I guess you have to love dogs to understand. You know how a baby has a warm baby smell when they are cuddling with you? Well so does a puppy! Labs of course are adorable puppies with cute pink bellies and that wonderful puppy smell!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  7. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Saw your post and knew it was directed at greenbean but just had to respond when I saw you had two labbies...

I also have two now, Dylan, my 11 year old black (too smart for his own good) and my gorgeous yellow boy Dayne, who's going to be 10, he's my angel...And I will also include my angel in heaven Moose, my beautiful chocolate who didn't make it to be 7 (he's my profile pic), he lives on in my heart and soul...

When I read greenbean's 'stop and smell the puppies', it reminds me of that yummy puppy breath that I have had the pleasure of sniffing up so many times...Purina Puppy Chow was the best (what I used before I knew better) puppy breath...

Hugs to Jake and Murphy...

Labs are the best!!!

~Alicia
  8. makezmuzic

makezmuzic New Member

I love that! There is nothing like the smell of a puppy!
    I hope this is allowed. Heres a vid for other puppy lovers.

[web site address removed as per rules]

you might have to cut & paste, but they are worth it. Enjoy. MuzicMaker
  9. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Thanks for sharing that video Makesmusic, the golden retriever puppies were adorable. Notice how they got braver when Mom came around! LOL

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  10. makezmuzic

makezmuzic New Member

Thanks Marion, my pleasure. Yes, they got even cuter when Mom came around. The scardie cat/pup hidding under one of the bold ones legs!!! LOL!!! How precious, you have two little labs! They must be adoreable. I bet they keep you in stiches. Thats good there are two of them to keep each other company. Sweet. Do take care.

MM (Lynn)
  11. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Yup! It's that wonderful puppy breath! I just love that.

Of course I also love the smell of wet dog. I know that sounds weird but it is a warm happy smell. Well, it is if your fur babies like water!

I have a 10 year old black lab, Aster (Alkeli Flats Dis-Aster), and an almost 3 year old golden, Rey (Dreams 'O Dis-Arrey on the Run).

You guys with black and yellow labs probably have the same problem I do! If you where something light colored the black one leans on you and if you wear something dark the yellow one leans on you!

I thought the combo of yellow and black hair on the floor might cancel each other out! Didn't work!

If anyone is looking for a small dog I sweep up enough hair to make one every other day!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  12. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Thanks for the reply Greenbean.

I love my two labs and you are right there is nothing that I own that doesn't have either black or yellow fur on it. I honestly don't know how they can produce so much fur.

My labs love the water, mud too. Except when I get the hose out! Then they run and hide. After the hose bath they roll in the dirt and are happy again. Have to wash off all the nasty pretty smelling stuff! LOL

My labs are Murphy (Murphy's Law and she lives up to her name, she is a walking disaster and also a walking stomach!)

Jake (Just Jake) is the yellow lab and my best buddy. You couldn't ask for a better friend. The fur on my clothes is a small price to pay for the love and devotion my dogs give to me.

They are always there waiting, thrilled to see me, ready to do whatever I am whether is going for a walk or sitting under a tree reading a book. Who else loves you like a dog???

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  13. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

My Rey loves all water! Sprinkler, hose, lake, bath tub, mud puddle, my sister's Koi pond! He doesn't care where it is or what's in it, he loves it!

Rey has even tried to get up high enough to get the sprinklers on the wheel line in our hay field!

Aster hates hoses, the bath tub, and even buckets of water. She will go into the lake or river in a heart beat, but avoids mud puddles. She will lay in the hay at the end of the sprinkler pipe while my DH is changing water and let the water out of the pipe run on her if it's hot.

Aster seems to believe that water is for work. Retrieving is her thing. Rey on the other hand will get in any water and if possible lay down and stay there. Yes, including my sister's Koi pond. Not a real crowd pleaser that one!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!