STOPPING SMOKING 3/27 12 AM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granny1353, Mar 25, 2006.

1. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

Please pray for me, I promised my 5 yr old granddaughter that I would

Hugs
    Granny
    PS Anyone want to join me?
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

can ;you use the nicoderm patch? i quite for like a week acouple of weeks ago...now i'm smoing agin but i need to stop like you

fight 4cure stopped about a month ago cold sturkey...

jodie
  3. day2day

day2day Member

Granny, my sons and also would have been my mom's bday.
    My son will be 8 years old. I promised to stop, I'm armed with patches and our states quit line help. So, I will join you.

Months before my brother dropped dead of a heart attack he asked me to promise him I would quit. I lost my Dad, mom, brother and two sisters to cancer and heart attacks, they all were smokers at one time or another.

I am the only one my son has, if that is not incentive enough I don't know what is.

I am praying for the strength to suceed and will do the same for all of us trying to quit.

Also trying to remember these things:

1. We are the role models for our children and or grandchildren, and we want to watch them grow up. I know my son worries about my health and smoking. We have ads here that call smokers buttheads ( not a name I wan't).

2. Can't afford $135.00 a month for cigarettes, which adds up to $1650.00 a year.

3. Tired of trying to cover up the smell.

4. Smoking makes your teeth yellow, your skin dry and wrinkle.

5. Smoking itself has a huge stigma attached to it, and it is hard to even find a welcome place to smoke, have to jump through hoops and stand out side in frigid weather to smoke.

Those are the things I am going to try to remember.

Good luck
    day2day
  4. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

when i gave up i did it without any patcehs or gum or anything.

every time i felt like a cig, every single time, i caught the craving and stopped it in its tracks. i then imagined the horrible taste in my mouth and actually tasted it and imagined all the horrible things that the cig did to me and how smoking made me feel. i then imagined feelign great without a cig

i did it every time. you will be amazed how quickly a craving passes and how quickly you can beat it. it might take a good few days of really lsitening in to the cravings and working hard but it does work quite quickly and i had no withdrawl, no bad moods, no sugar cravings, didnt eat any more than usual.

i still get the odd craving but i do my thing - i think the taste thing in the mouth is the most effective thing, i really imgagine it as a horrible taste.

and the other imprtant thing for me was to realise that there is no suh thing as just one. its all or nothing.

be strong, it will pass
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Use the patch it will make life easier. Keep your promise. If my DH could quit(15 years ago) as three packs a day, and a nervous wreck, anyone can.

Go for it!!!!
    Love Anne C
  6. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

for your encouragement. I will be praying for all those trying and succeeding with this nasty habit.

One more favor, please pray for my daughter who is 12 weeks pregnant and spotting today. Even though I have the stress of that I am going to stop at midnight tonight.

You guys are the GREATEST!
    Love, Granny
  7. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I am praying for you to quit. Its funny how I have been in such a bad mood today, and I feel so lonely. After reading all of the posts here, I find myself feeling better by helping someone else. I want to quit also, its just too much money, and I could use the money for other things.
    Take this one step at a time, and stay so busy you dont have time to think about cigarettes.
    God bless, Julie
  8. kmcerio

kmcerio New Member

I have been smoking since I was 15 and have been having trouble breathing especially at night(as I'm sitting here typing smoking a cig.)I don't want to quit but I know I have to. I am going to a hypnotist on the 3rd of April and I explained to him about the fibro, severe weight loss only weigh 95 lbs. ,feel sick to my stomach all the time, no appetite ) He claims he can take away my pain temporailily, have me quit smoking and increase my appetite. He is also a phychic. Hes really well known in my part of the country (I live on the New York/Pennsylvania border) He comes highly recomended. We shall see. He'd better accomplish something for $110.00 a visit. I will pray for all of you and please keep your fingers and toes crossed for me(if it won't hurt you too much) that it works. If I don't gain some weight here soon I will wither away. Gentle Hugs to all and good Luck TOO. Karen
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

plus they say if you use it for 2 weeks prior to quitting date they found i n a study 60% remained quitters...i did it for a week..then i blew it 2 weeks ago...my exhubby was smoking on my patio...he offered a cig...and i told him i quite...he said no you didn't ...i siad yes i did...well i said i'll this one...well temptation overcame me...now i need to get back on the band wagon again...

keep on trying to joing the permanent quitter's club...

jodie
  10. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Keep your resolve up. I quit smoking after Thanksgiving in 2003. No doubt in my mind that it was one of my greatest accomplishments.

I used Zyban. I couldn't take it twice a day as the insomnia was awful, but once a day helped me. You can do it too. I was smoking about a pack a day and 1 1/2 on weekends.

My husband tried to quit as well but he hasn't been able to keep off. It is so nice to get up in the morning and not be coughing my lungs out. My house and my clothes smell nice.

Do it for your granddaughter. A very good reason, I's day.

All the best

Eileen