Storing American Girl Dolls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Jun 26, 2010.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I need to store away my grown daughters American Girl dolls and unfortunately, I did not have the foresight to save the boxes they came in so many years ago.

I can't spend a fortune on fancy storage boxes. Does anybody have any good and economical ideas for storing the dolls (beyond grocery store boxes) that won't deteriorate them? Any ideas would be much appreciated!!

2. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

are those storage bags that are used for storing clothes. You seal them with your vacuum attachment. Compacts items for easy storage. I know you wouldn't be able to compact the dolls,however they would be stored in a tightly sealed bag,keeping them free of dirt,etc. You can purchase them @ Bed bath andBeyond.~~~Jeanne
  3. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member of those plastic bins/tubs that fit under a bed? Depending on how many dolls there are, you wouldn't have to lay them on top of each other....just put them side-by-side.
  4. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

but from everything that I've read, plastic is not the way to go; cardboard is better because it actually breathes a bit. Apparently, storing the vinyl dolls in plastic can actually promote the growth of mildew on the dolls. From what I have gathered, wrapping them in tissue paper in a good quality cardboard box seems the way to go, so I am thinking of somehow getting my hands on a few of those boxes that florists use for presentation bouquets (like a dozen roses). I'm thinking that may just be the right size!

Thanks --Laura
  5. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

Wow,didn't now that about plastic causing mildw...thanks for the info.Florists box sounds like a good idea....