Stormskye... Has it Helped?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by summerskye, Sep 15, 2005.

1. summerskye

summerskye New Member

Some time ago, you talked about:

"I'm taking Bromelain, Elderberry, P'au D'arco, and Turmeric in an attempt to deal with what I assume to be stealth viruses causing the problem. Hopefully they will also build up my immune system."

Has it helped?

Just read Kevin Trudeau's book "Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About".

I've changed our diet - eliminating msg, bgh, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, white flour, etc... Have been eatting as much fresh fruits/veggies as we can, organic beef, local farm eggs, soy milk, flax, am grinding our own wheat and raising our own chickens. Lots of changes. LOTS of things that we no longer eat. When you begin reading food labels, it's shocking what's in food that doesn't belong in there!

Went off all meds - prescription and otc. They don't 'cure' anything... just gave me side effects that were worse than what I had to start with.

I still have the swollen glands - they swell and srink, but never quite go away. Right now, with bad sinus/pnd/allergies, they are acting up. Guess that's good as it means they are doing something. I've had some tough months - so much exhaustion. Some days I needed as many as three naps. CFS? Probably.

I want to start some of the body cleanses I've read about. Should a person see a naturopathic dr or something - or is this something you can just buy a kit for and do on your own?
  2. summerskye

summerskye New Member

I took notes and get started. The garlic sounds especially beneficial.

Oh, and I gave up coffee... finally. It was about a month ago. I quit 'cold turkey' and was a zombie for a few days, but now I feel so much better. Am drinking herbal teas... green, blueberry, red & white... and lots of water. Also got a juicer a couple of days ago.

You mentioned licorice... what form do you use?

~L