stormskye, others

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jul 9, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"ve been trying to convince myself to try probiotics.
    now before you laugh, let me explain,everything I take seems to affect me in a negative way, I have IBS and I know I need to take them,but I"M scared I"m just at the tail end of a virus, sore throat,coughing, and I"m in so much pain in my ribs from inflamation,seen the DR last Fri she said I"m doing the right thing ,its going to take a few more days

I"m bloated,full of gas and having stomach spasm"s I"ve had this before and need to get my ibs under control.
    could you tell me the best way to start probiotics. and what strenght to try so as not to make myself worse.
    because right now I can"t handle much more emotionally.

thanks Sixtyslady
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I recently started on Probiotics and I bought mine here at the Pro Health Store. I bought the Acidophilus Pearls.

It does sound like you've been having a rough time of it lately. I hope you start feeling better soon.

I think the others will have better advice for you.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

thanks for the info, love your little, dog on your profile.

my hubby and son just bought me a little yorkie , so I can raise puppys next year, I use to raise dogs about 15 yrs, ago and they thought this would be nice for me now that I"M retired, we all need something besides this d.d.

hugs sixtyslady
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Good morning, Sixtyslady,

I'm sure you'll have a lot of folks to tell you about probiotics but I just have to remind you that your diet is equally important. If you're already eating well, have eliminated grains, cereals, dairy and sugars - in other words, if you've done the Caveman Diet type of test - then perhaps it has more to do right now with the virus.

I hope you get some help with this. By the way, I don't think of probiotics as another supplement; I think of them as part of a healthy diet for us. You may have little or no reaction to them. We can tend to set ourselves up.

Marta

5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

yes I"am scared to try just about anything ,but this IBS has went on to long and I"ve got to get it under control, so gulp" here goes nothing.

I got alot of good advice from ya"all and I"m going to go to the store tonight and get this and start slow like Stormy suggested .I know I"ll feel better if I can just get this under control,I' already cut out sugars.grains and I"m trying to eat more fresh foods We buy nothing pre-packaged any more. so I do have a start.
    I take shaklee vitimans. muliti and b complex. garlic.calcium and I "ve been trying to get Magnesium in there. I only take one thing new at a time, for a week and if it does"nt have a negative effect on me then I continue it.wish me luck. Hugs sixtyslady