Stormyskye, I would like to compare notes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CinCA, Apr 7, 2006.

1. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Have been busy and not on the board much lately, but I also use a natural protocol (supplemented with homeopathy) and see a naturopathic physician. A lot of what you mentioned in your posts I have in my cupboard...giving my daughter elderberry (when I can get her to take it...she likes how it turns her white yogurt pinkish-purple) for a nasty and stubborn fever/cough virus she got.

You know of a few more things than what I am familiar with but that I may want to try (like the Pau d'Arco). In general, I'd just like to compare notes, as I would like some new ideas! Up for doing that sometime?

Please let me know if we could chat or whatever. I have a lot I'd like to ask over a few minutes and don't want to clog up the board.

Thanks so much for your time!
    Cinca :)
    [This Message was Edited on 04/07/2006]
  2. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Honestly, chat would work out much better for me, if you can ever manage it. I am a "stay-home mom", so I have a good deal of free/"home" time at the moment.

But for now, re: Pau d'Arco, is it more if you have signs of parasites or other nasty critters? Any risks if you are already healthy? Only AD sort of thing I just started taking recently was one month's course of SAM-e, on advice of my naturopath, hoping to try to balance my still screwed up sleep cycles and just to manage/shore up my body against all the stress/situational emotional roller coaster going on in my life with our recent move. It does seem to help a great deal with the exhaustion and mood swings, which is good. Not sure if the Pau would be contraindicated.

Also, anything that has helped you maintain/stabilize your energy? Mine definitely goes in "cycles", and I absolutely have really good and really bad days. I'd like to try to normalize all of that as much as I could.

I also need some good detox support, as my body has years of junk in it from numerous pharmaceuticals in the past and a lifetime of poor eating. I was a very picky eater, and my mom gave up and fed me junk. I am doing much better, but it is very hard to overcome at this point.

Thanks for any info. you can give! I really appreciate it! Also, where's a good place to get the molasses for the shake? I have some good healthy groceries nearby, among them Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, as well as smaller specialty marts.

FYI, a possible reason you probably can't chat using Internet Explorer is because your security settings are too restrictive. I can help you check and temporarily change those if you're interested, although they may be set that way for valid reasons that I don't want to disturb. Let me know.

Lastly, thanks for bumping up your protocol thread. I was searching and couldn't find it earlier (think 'cause I looked at Stormyskye's instead of Stormyskyes or something like that). It's much appreciated!

Take care,
    C.

3. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Thanks for the info, Stormy! I'll have to check out Whole Foods or TJ's the next time I'm there. They have a good variety of pretty decent quality supplements. Anything else that has worked wonders for you, or was it, as I suspect, a combination of many things, including a healthy diet and lots of H2O?

Thanks again!
    Cinca :)