Stormyskye I've got a question for you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrsjethro, Aug 31, 2006.

1. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I'm reading more of your posts, which by the way, I absolutely love and still think that you should write a book, because I think almost everyone here would buy it without a doubt. You have so much valuable knowledge.

My question is this: I keep having a snowball effect. I'll get a virus, or an allergy, which turns into something else, usually bronchitis (currently a plugged ear for 2 weeks that I can't get unstopped), then turns into diarrhea, then goes into a flaming UTI. On a positive note, the fibro and myofascial pain is actually giving me a break right now.

Do you have any personal recommendations on what I should try for this. I've just finished (ashamed to admit) a Z-Pak abx, 2 inhalers (for bronchitis), cough syrup, now doc has me taking benadryl, sudafed and a medrol dose pack to try and unstop the ear, plus ear drops for the pain. I'm taking Cystex for the UTI that just popped up yesterday out of nowhere (I have another abx at drugstore for UTI, but putting off on taking more until I just can't stand it any more). I don't know if I'm dumping toxins, putting more in, defeating the purpose entirely, or what. I can't get anything to work normally. It has to always be a huge sequence of events....snowballing. It just feels like my immune system has give out on me.

Okay, go ahead and tell me now that I shouldn't have put all of that junk (meds) in my body, but I didn't know what else to do at the time and I was feeling really horrible. I am back on the acidophilus blend now and trying to avoid more antibiotics, at least for now.

I've got to figure out how to break this cycle. I think the fms and mps might actually be getting a lot better (has been really good for 3 weeks now), but I can't get all the other stuff under control. That used to be how my flares always started. I'm praying that's not what it is this time..... I've been completely down for 5 months and am just now starting to "get a life" again, seriously.

Love and respect you Stormy, and always appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks,
    MrsJ