Stormyskye Just two more simple questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by futurehope, Apr 5, 2006.

1. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Hi again Stormyskye,

1. You told me not to eat any refined sugar for the rest of the week (because of starting the probiotics). I know this is a very stupid question. But what do you consider "refined sugar"? Is this anything that has sugar in it?

I drink two bottles of Boost Plus every day for helping to put fat on me. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals and calories. I checked on the bottle, but I did not see any sugar mentioned on it. Maybe it is OK to drink it.

2. I am having surgery next Wednesday. An Upper Endoscopy and will have anesthesia to put me out. Is it OK to take the probiotics, and other ones I have added before then up until the day before I have this procedure done?

======================

Wanted to let you know I took the Probiotic this morning and am feeling nothing so far.

Also, I purchased Pau D'arco online. It was VERY CHEAP. I hope that does not mean it is a bad one. Made by Swanson Vitamins.

Thanks again Stormyskye!!

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
    [This Message was Edited on 04/05/2006]
  2. futurehope

futurehope New Member

As you stated last night, no breads, refined sugars or hard cheese until end of week, I will not drink any Boost Plus until next Monday.

Thanks also for the advice about the other supplements too. I would hate to have a bleeding issue!!

Thanks again!
    Brenda
  3. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I do not care if you get long winded, it really helps me more than you know!!!!

I just re-read my Boost Plus ingredients and it does say 22 g. of sugar on it.

I am just really concerned about my weight. I know I need to keep focusing on putting on those pounds to be more healthy also.

I guess you could say that I am a "SPECIAL CASE".

I look aneroxic, and I hate it. Every bone in my body sticks out and I have no shape whatsoever. In order for me to look decent I need to weigh in between 105 and 110. This 86 pounds just does not cut it.

I know that the weight I am at now takes it toll on me along with all of the other issues I have.

Is there anything I can do / eat to put on weight.

Alot of these good things you are mentioning will make me lose and I cannot afford to lose anymore.

Also, there was a large post that I read a few weeks ago mentioning alot of acidic vs alkaline foods. I forgot to save it and now I cannot find it. Do you happen to know anything about this post or where it is or who started it?

I am so sorry about posting back to you and bothering you. I am just worried.

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  4. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Thank you again Stormyskye.

You are a blessing.

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Years ago, I had a roommate who was underweight. She asked her doctor for diet recommendations.

He suggested a "malt" (milkshake with malt powder) each evening. The ice cream in the milkshake might have too much sugar for you.

He also suggested salad with plenty of dressing at least once a day. You would have to watch the sugar in commercial dressing, but you can make your own with olive oil, flavored vinegar, and herbs.

Nuts and peanuts are high in calories and nutrients. They have the healthful omega oils. At Christmas time I bought a can of honey roasted peanuts. After eating half of the can, I checked the nutrition label to see how many calories I had eaten. The can contained almost a day’s worth of calories, so I had eaten almost half a day's calories! Fortunately, I am not overweight (much), so it didn't do me any harm.

Try putting the peanut butter on celery instead of bread or crackers. Humas is also good as a vegetable dip. Tortilla roll-ups made with humas and grated carrot are good.

Whole grain cereals are low in sugar and yeast free. I like cereal with fruit at bedtime. Since the fruit has natural sugar, it might be O.K. for you.
  6. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Thank you so much for that information. I need all I can get on how to eat healthy and get fat at the same time!!

I glanced at your bio and I noticed that you live in Central Illinois also.

SMALL WORLD!!

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  7. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

We must be about the same size, too. Before middle-age spread set in, I weighed 105 - 100 lbs. I would hate to think what I would look like at 86 lbs. I can understand your concern, but you do not want to get fat, you want to gain muscle mass. Healthful weight gain, like healthful weight loss, is done slowly. You are not a fat steer! My underweight roommate was also a small person. I would guess she only gained about 10 lbs., but it took “a while” (too long ago to remember just how long).

Exercise will also help weight/muscle gain. People with CFS can usually handle stretching exercises and weight training better than aerobic exercise. I have done and liked Tai Chi. A lot of people like Yoga. Like every other part of our treatment regimen, you will have to experiment and find out what works for you.

Do you know if you have digestive problems? Digestive enzymes might help you get more out of your food. The probiotics should help, as well. I guess the endoscopy will answer some of the digestion questions. Let us know how that goes.