Stormyskye & others, explain "three weeks off, one week on"?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Why is it best to take some suppliments three weeks on and one week off?

Is it all suppliments, or just some? Which ones can you take continuously? Which ones do you take on the three week schedule?

For the week off a suppliment, do you feel worse when not taking it?

Also, what about taking four different suppliments in a four-day rotation?

Thank you! So confused! (( )) Shannon :)
  2. Shannonsparkles

I was wondering about herbs, like my reishi & ginko, multivitamins, amino acids... everything really. Is there a rule list for which ones to to continuously and which ones to take a break from?

When you do the week off, do you stop all suppliments at once, or do you take out only one, and then go off a different one next week?

I can think of one other benifit to taking a week off: save 25% on pill bills!!!! ;)

Thanks!
  3. Shannonsparkles

I notice sometimes when I forget my pills I feel better the next day. Now I know why. Thank you. I plan to give this a try. Maybe just start out with taking a break from one or two, just to see how I do. Deffinately not taking out my St. John's Wort though. When I try to go off that, I spiral down so fast... but I can think of some things I would like a break from. Thanks for the info & advice. ((((( )))) Shannon