Stormyskye, others..NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CockatooMom, Jul 13, 2006.

1. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hi everyone!

I've been reading many different posts today, and I need some input from my "family" here.

I had 9 tubes of blood taken out of me yesterday morning after a "fast." Let's just say feeling drained is an understatement! LOL (I almost passed out)

I'm being tested for Lyme, Epstein Barr, Rheumatoid stuff, and some other things, I don't even know. I have FMS and many other ailments which are on my profile.

I printed off "The Shake" recipe and have gotten some other tidbits on things I can start to try one at a time.

Like:
    Trying stevia or xylitol in place of sugar.
    No processed foods / "potatos don't come in a box"
    Eating RAW foods
    Using motivational quotes around the house
    Taking a Magnesium & calcium supplement
    and drinking cherry juice

OK...I take a magnesium powder supplement now. I get it from my chiropractor. It's called 'Natural Calm' from Peter Gillham's Natural Vitality.

I would like to know what kind, or where, can I get a REAL cherry juice?

Bare minimum supplements, what should I take? I'm on 11-12 different meds right now, have no insurance, and need to know what would be the most important supplements to take.

Someone mentioned 'fibro complete multi w/ malic acid'
    Do I get that from this website?

What about calcium?

THANK YOU in advance for your help!!!

Love and hugs,
    CockatooMom

2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I use Knudson's organic cherry juice but After the Fall make one too. At this time of year there are cherries all over the place and getting some good quality ones to eat is a good idea.

When we lived in NJ we could buy from Shoprite a Polish brand of black cherries in a jar thta had no additives ther than the juice they stood in. These were wonderful and only $2.50 a jar. I cannot recall the name but maybe someone else can.

I found they worked better than the juice.

Love Anne Cromwell keep up the good work. Are you also doing Omerga 3?

3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Yes, I take 3 1000 mg Omega 3's a day.
    I also take 1000 mg of garlic a day.
    My magnesium supplement is 615 mg a day.

And, I've been eating cherries and keeping my pit cup close!

Thanks for the info!

4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

That was me that recommended the Fibro Complete with Malic Acid multivitamin and I love it.

It does appear to be expensive at first, but it works so wonderfully. I also could toss my vit D, C, Folic Acid, and a bunch of others which means it costs no more than a regular store brand.

I order it here from the Pro Health Store. I don't see myself ever going off this vitamin!! It's made such a difference in my life!!

The balanced magnesium/calcium/zinc supplement I take is a cheap military store brand and I take 2 a day.

Make sure your magnesium supplements balance with your calcium supplements. This is very important. When I was taking too much calcium (an extra individual calcium supplement) with my balanced mag/cal/zinc...I was way out of whack and could feel the difference.

I needed to cut back and just take the balanced supp.

Take your time with these changes. Don't try to do everything in one day. Each step is a process for us.

Keep us updated on your progress...

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  5. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I am on the fibro complete multi w/malic acid. It is from this site. I also tried B12 as soomeone mentioned in a post. It has improved my energy level tremendously. I use the Neuro B12 from this site. All forms of B12 will convert to this type of B12 but if your body has trouble absorbing supplements this might be better.

Many talk about taking B12 shots. You would need a prescription for this. I did find B12 patches on the Net you can order. But I am doing good with the pills.

I also take Stormyskye's shake.

It was hard to decide what to take and which supplements helped what. I take other things but feel the ones I mentioned helped me most with energy levels. Lynda
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I sure do appreciate the info!

Brooksiemom - Yes, I'll have to ask about a calcium supplement and take it with my magnesium powder. I know that mag is needed in order for calcium to be absorbed.

Stormyskye - Thank you! I WILL talk to my doc first before I change anything. I always give him a list of the supplements I am on and how much at my visits.

PS - HOW DO YOU MAKE BARS OUT OF THE SHAKE RECIPIE?

Dncnfngrs - I'll look up the website for when cherries get expensive again!

Musikmaker - Yes, my counsler told me I should take a B12 supplement, but I'll run it by my doc first.

Thanks again my FMS family!
  7. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Still just researching.....sorry guys. I'm trying to create links back to some of these posts.

Stormy, I need to ask you a couple of questions, but I'll put it in another post.

Thanks for all of the good info everyone!! Think I might send hubby back out for cherries too. Sounds good....
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Someone else mentioned the Neuro B sublinguals from the PH store and I agree, they're wonderful too.

When I started the supp path, it was mostly for my husband cause I was so worried at the time that he wouldn't be able to work for much longer.

So I concentrated on the one's for energy for him and I bought myself the now famous Multi.

Now that I've tried his Neuro B's, I'm amazed. I took one a few days ago at the grocery store. It's so hot here, I thought I wouldn't be able to finish the store so I slipped one under my tongue and finished, paid, drove and unloaded easily!!!

Hugs,

Nancy B