STORMYSKYE, question for you!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phoebe1, Oct 6, 2005.

1. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Seeing as you are sort of an expert in the area of "poo", I decided to ask you.
    In the beginning of the week I posted that I saw a nutritionist and she started me on 2 liver flushes, the lemon with flaxseed oil and some other powder I must mix with water.
    I am not seeing ANY results, and she keeps on insisting that I eat raw foods which I can't tolerate at all due to my IBS (I've tried), I feel exactly the same as last week and this is very disheartening to me.

I was so excited and now it seems like it is just yet again one of the many things that isn't going to work for me. I'm not giving up yet, but I still feel if she would just do a colon irrigation to get all the gunk out then maybe things will start working like they should.
    I don't understand why I am getting NO results?

Phoebe
  2. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Yes, I definitely feel a colon irrigation would be better, but at this stage I might be a little bit biased, seeing that NOTHING else has worked.
    Colon irrigation is where they flush your colon with pure filtered warm water, it loosens debris and plaque and flushes out bacteria and parasites.
    It also "massages" your colon for peristaltic movements which continues after the irrigation.
    It restores tone as well. Some people have as much as 20 pounds of impacted and hardened faeces stuck in their colon.
    There is no side-effects and you can even return to work right after, do yourself a favour and google it, I can't remember everything right now and I'm scared I'm leaving out some important points.

I truly believe that I desperately need this and that it will make me feel tons better.
    Everyday I can feel how I am being poisened by my gut.
    Keep me updated on how you are doing!

Hugs
    Phoebe
  3. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

b for Stormy
  4. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

The powder has a long list of ingredients and says on the bottle "Nutritional support during detoxification", I think the stuff is called Ultra Clean or something like that.
    I think she wants me to detox for 3 months before doing a colonic, I really don't know if I can wait that long.
    And you're absolutely right about things tasting gross, I have a very sensitive stomach and get nauseated very easily, for example there is no way I can take the flaxseed oil "straight-up", it makes me gag and I can't keep it down, so she said to me that I must stop putting obstacles in my way, like it is my fault that it makes me nauseous.
    I don't know how on earth I am going to get down juiced vegetables, just thinking about it makes me want to gag.
    Thank you for all the advice, I appreciate it!

Phoebe
  5. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I'm going to try and find out but I had such a hard time finding this woman in the first place, yesterday she told me I must start doing the lemon and flaxseed oil twice a day now and oh I looked on the bottle the powder is called Ultra Clear Plus.
    I think the lemon is beginning to make my teeth very sensitive, do you think it is possible?
    I can hardly brush it, only very softly, I take the lemon juice undiluted freshly squeezed and it is unbelievably sour, it hurts my throat, but according to her the more sour it is, the better it will work.
    Oh man I'm having a hard time with this, I dread the day she is going to tell me to start juicing up food UUGGGHHHH.
    I don't want it to look like I'm not co-operating or "putting obstacles in my way" as she said.

Phoebe
  6. tansy

tansy New Member

this inability to tolerate raw foods is recognised, in that case cooked foods are recommended until progress has been made. Lightly cooked veggies are the ideal compromise, not all the goodies are lost, and they should not irritate your gut so much.

I used flax seed oil and whilst it clearly helped, once I'd improved I realised it was adding to my gastritis symptoms. I found olive oil a lot better, there other other oils you can use. I cannot tolerate flax seeds either since they cause classic ibs symptom and bowel spasms I'm happier without.

Until I made a lot of improvements I could not tolerate lemon juice. Some protocols use cider vinegar, can you tolerate that? It's another no no for me but I got there in the end.

love, Tansy[This Message was Edited on 10/11/2005]
  7. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Tansy, I have gastritis and I specifically asked her if the lemon and flaxseed will aggravate it and she said no!
    Not to mention the ibs and stomach cramps which I also have.
    And now she's got me doing it twice a day instead of once.
    Stormy, I think the acidity of the lemon is too much for my teeth, it feels like the enamel is peeling off!
    I'm phoning her tonight and asking for a colonic, if she says no I'm going to someone else.

I feel so horrible and like such a fool when I get so excited about something that I truly believe is going to help me, and then nothing happens. I guess that is just all part of this DD, I feel once again that I have been taken for a ride.
    Thanks for sticking with me through this.

Phoebe