Stormyskye

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Dec 18, 2005.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I am still trying to work with the Primal Defense and my Diflucan. How did you feel when you were having die-off? I have been having a bit of stomach upset and gas. Was, not to be blunt, constipated, now bowels are loosening up. I had yeast bad. My tongue was really coated and now it is starting to clear. I'm hoping that this means things are working. I know that's not all my problem, but it is a part of the problem.

GBHope
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

When did you start doing the 1 tb of aloe and lemon? I am still spacey and dizzy some days, but feel like I'm making progress. I just had to go at it slowly. I'm not on the actual Primal Defense, but basically the same thing. I think it is an improved version (Probiosyn). Has pretty much the same thing. I wanted to stop taking it due to distress, but when you see your tongue start clearing up, it's kind of hard to not want to keep trying. How long did it take for that to get better for you? Once I get the yeast down and build my gut back up with good bacteria, the doctor should be able to move onto other things like virus and bacteria/parasites. I just want to get some of my health back and be more functional. I'd be happy to get back up to 70 or 80%. Are you able to explain to me when you really started going at it what happened during the first few weeks, symptoms, improvements, etc.? Sorry to be annoying, but very curious.

GBHope
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Your case sounds quite a bit like mine and what is happening and like you, I know there are other factors at work here like the virus or bacteria/parasites. How are you going after your viruses if you don't mind my asking? I just want to get well. My doctor has me on stuff to kill the yeast and build my gut back up as well as support my adrenals, etc. When he tested me, I was not able to tolerate very much by testing. I go to a chiropractor and I hope that it helps because when I first got sick, my dad who is deceased now came out from California and used muscle testing with reflexology and it helped me a lot, but I didn't stay on top of it and never got any further. Sorry if I sound like a nut case. I'm really not. I just have seen success with muscle testing and all the regular medical doctors aren't doing a thing for me. Most of their medicines just make me worse. Anyway, back to what I said at the top, how are treating the viruses now? My doctor also gave me some homeopathics for yeast and lymphatic system I need to get back on.

GBHope
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

How long did it take you to get to the point where you are at now? My chiropractor says it might take up to a year to get to really feeling better. I too am more comfortable with herbs, but at this point, I'll try just about anything, LOL. Just kidding, within reason. I am very run down today and feel a little lightheaded and pooped. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Are you able to work yet and do you still have to be careful? I agree with you about the FFC. It sounds really great, but the price is ridiculous. I can hardly afford to go the chiropractor and the only reason I'm going to him is because I have heard of him helping people. I will only go there is there is no other way to get back up to 70-80%, even 90% would be nice. I don't expect to be 100% since our systems have had a little of strain on them. I have had this for 10 years. I have both the CFIDS/fibromyalgia. I am also diabetic and having problems with hyperthyroidism since hysterectomy, but it seems to be calming down. I tried Premarin, but that just made my yeast worse!!! Well, I'm just going to keep on plugging along.

GBHope
  5. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Yes, I'm drinking lots of water. Wish I could afford purer water, but you do with what you got. I just feel very tired today and I hurt real bad. Trying to take it easy. I wish I could watch my grandchildren. I would if I could ever get to feeling better. I went and saw them this morning though and enjoyed that, even if I did feel lousy today. I know this will take a while. My chiropractor said I should notice some improvement in maybe three to four months. You still watch your diet closely though you said. Do you find you can tolerate foods better or do you start having symptoms if you eat to much of the wrong types of foods?

GBHope
  6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I eat no processed foods either. I have been eating nothing by chicken, eggs, almonds, frozen and fresh vegetables, lentils, pinto beans, oatmeal, yeast-free, gluten-free, wheat-free rye-sunflower bread. My brain fog is horrible today, but did I ask you if you had horrible pain and fatigue while starting all this? I know you said you were fatigued, but I can't remember if you said you had more pain temporarily.

GBHope
  7. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I also forgot to ask you what you used to treat Mycoplasma and the other thing you said you had? I was tested for Mycoplasma pneumoniae, but was negative. That's the only Mycoplasma I have been tested for, but in response to another one of your posts, I would rather treat with herbs too because of the yeast problem. There is no way I could ever take all those antibiotics. Yeast is just to much of a problem for me.

GBHope
  8. GBHope

GBHope New Member

If I didn't ask you already, bad day for dizzy's and brain fog, who diagnosed your bacterial infections? I was thinking of possibly going to see an infectious disease doctor different than the one I saw initially who really didn't do much for me or possibly an immunologist. I really can't afford to go the FFC. I just don't have that kind of money with not working and everything.

GBHope
  9. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I will have to check into that when I see him again. I think I see him in February. Maybe between now and then I can research into this some more. Did you ever get tested for lyme? I was tested twice in the early years of my illness, but it was always negative. The one time the test was equivocal and they did a Western blot which was negative, but would still like to be retested. I know there are natural things that can fight that. I certainly don't want to be on an antibiotic. That just wouldn't work for me. The lyme sure seems to be the big trend with everyone lately, not that I'm entirely sure that is always the problem, but who knows. You mentioned your RA kept on showing up positive didn't you? I have had that problem too. Every time I flare, it shows up positive and my sed rate would go up. Strange disease.

GBHope
  10. GBHope

GBHope New Member

My Rheumatoid factor usually runs around 160 when I'm flaring. I don't know what it means either. I am a little discouraged today because although my tongue looks less coated, my spit test today was horrible. It didn't work real well. I also didn't get enough sleep. With menopause and my thyroid trying to calm down, I don't always sleep as long as I would like. I was so tired and achy yesterday. I don't know if it was from die-off or what. I just get depressed really quick when I don't feel very well. I am trying to stay positive and believe I can get better. I know I won't be 100%, but that is okay. I just want to get some of my life back. I am trying so hard to get well and it just seems like a never-ending battle.

GBHope
  11. GBHope

GBHope New Member

It has been a very bad day. Felt flu-like all day and nauseous. Did you experience this? I am dizzy and just feel horrible, not to mention, my sugar has been a pain in the butt too, diabetic. I'm probably not going to take the pills he gave me tomorrow. I need a break. Take care.

GBHope
  12. GBHope

GBHope New Member

That's what I'm doing. I have had a lot more problems with my CFIDS/fibro since becoming diabetic and now since the hysterectomy as you stated, it is really hitting me hard. How long did it take your hormones to calm down without any hormone replacement? Like you, tried the Premarin, but was awful.

GBHope
  13. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm watching this thread w/ interest because I just started Primal Defense too, and I'd have to say it is the best probiotic I've used. It's also loosening my stools and making me more regular, and I desperately needed that.

GB,
    I have some tips for that nausea you are getting, if you'd like. I used to get it all the time, it's a horrible symptom isn't it? Nausea symptoms come from need for liver/gallbladder support.

Jeanne
  14. GBHope

GBHope New Member

How long have you been taking your Primal Defense? I haven't even been able to take it everyday because I had such severe die-off in the beginning. My stomach was killing me. How much are you taking? I am taking two in the morning right now, but he wants me to take two twice a day. Haven't gotten that far yet? I am taking my Standard Process betafood which is beet to help my liver. I don't have a gallbladder anymore. I had looser bowels yesterday, but today I am going the other way again. Don't mean to be gross! LOL No problem jumping in. The more the merrier.

GBHope
  15. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Still struggling with the hot flashes, but it's a lot better than feeling so dizzy all the time with edginess that was unbelievable. I still think that is what screwed up my thyroid which is slowly coming back into proper range. I have heard that estrogen can affect it. You aren't on hormones now are you didn't you say Stormyskye? Yea guys, the nausea sucks. I had it a good part of today, plus the sugar thing that was either shooting up to 200 or falling to 85 to 95. Ridiculous. My body doesn't know whether it's coming or going.

GBHope
  16. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Hi GB,

I've only been on Primal Defense for 9 days. I take the powder, which is much handier on low starting dose I'm on. I always take lower than the recommended dose because I know i tend to overreact until my body adjusts.

I started w/ 2/3 of a scoop (1 scoop recommended) and got such a headache, w/ dizziness and achiness and fog. So I backed off to half just once a day for a few days and noticed improvements in just 3 days. I'm up to 3/4 of a scoop twice daily now and actually feel better when I take my dose. If I have a belly ache or bloating, it can help that and it actually takes away headaches (wheat is causing them, need to cut it for awhile) and feel more clearheaded and happier for awhile after the dose. And I'm struggling hard w/ SAD this time of year.

Best of all, my stools loosened up and the bowels are moving most days. Don't know for sure why, but I think SAD makes my IBS much worse, and I have alot of nutritional tricks, but they haven't worked in months. I could barely get a BM w/ a laxative, and they didn't soften them, stools would be so hard and painful I'd bleed. I've had terrible digestive problems every since I tried the Questran treatment and it corroded my guts and brought back old food sensitivies I'd gotten rid of and brought new ones. That was last summer and I'm still dealing w/ the aftermath.

I'm really hopeful that the Primal will be good for me, it works much better and different than normal probiotics. I'm going to give it the winter and then try Threelac. My fiance has been nudging me to try it because my yeast issues are killing our sexlife, but Primal is cheaper and I can get it locally w/out paying shipping.

You seem to be starting way to high a dose of Primal, 2 pills in one dose is like me taking 2 scoops to start. You can open the capsule and dissolve just half in water, and maybe take it twice a day at half a pill. Doctors often don't get it, and clogger us w/ die off symtoms. They don't feel a thing, so why not overdose us. Primal and Diflucan at the same time, that must be rough. Why not get used to the Primal first?

You could really use chromium to support your pancreas since you have diabetes, it's crucial to sugar metabolize and reduces sugar cravings too.

You also may want to consider getting on an adrenal supplement since direct HRT disagrees w/ you. The adrenals are under extra stress to produce female hormones after menopause, as well as the energy hormones they are primarily responsible for. The Dr. Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder contains thyroid and gonad glandular as well as adrenal. It is pricey, but it was helping me. I'm not in menopause, but my testosterone, cortisol and iron is low and sex drive was nil from all those deficiencies that cause such fatigue.

jeanne
  17. Casamadre5

Casamadre5 Member

I've enjoyed reading the thread. Sorry for your difficulties. When I saw the nausea it reminded me of how much ginger helps that for me. I keep it around at all times. My MIL is very motion sensitive & I give it to her for that. She can now ride on windey roads or take air travel with no sickness or nausea. I've used it for morning sickness, quesy stomach....anytime my stomach is impacted by that dreadful feeling. Odd thing I've noted now that I am menopausal. Prior to a hot flash I get nauseaous. As a doctor I once had said
    "anything can cause anything." Very useful, eh?
  18. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

I've been wanting to post this question to you for a while, I have been taking Immunopro but it's very expensive, I know you put whey in the shake, do you just use a cheaper brand.

Sorry GBHope for using your post to ask, hope you don't mind.

Sue
  19. GBHope

GBHope New Member

No problem Tantallon. We are all just trying to get well. Good luck to you!

GBHope
  20. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I am actually taking Probiosyn which is an improved form of Primal Defense. I am only taking the one dose a day right now. Mine is in pill form. I am having lots of pain and dizziness with brain fog. I did notice though that the stomach upset and pain I was having at the beginning has greatly improved, at least I think it has. Let me know if it helps you. My coating on my tongue seems to be decreased.

GBHope