Strain Counter-strain; the best pain therapy I've found

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dinodebi, Aug 5, 2009.

1. dinodebi

dinodebi New Member

I've been using physical therapy for a few years to get massage therapy. I also got help w/posture and stretching exercises. Due to loss of job, and change in insurance, I had to get a new therapist. This one said he's been trained in Strain Counter-strain, and has had great results in his fibro patients. After listening to him explain it, I figured I'd try it once and then look for a new therapist. It just seemed to easy and simple. If simple would work, how come it wasn't better known.
    Turns out it was better than he said. After only two sessions, I stopped having headaches, had days w/out pain, and knew how to get rid of the pain that did come w/out my meds. There aren't any sites dedicated to it, but if it's googled you can find some good sites that talk about it. There are some books that talk about it, and it's also called Positional Release. Best bet is to call around to local therapists and see if anyone them offer it.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I read some about it and it sounds interesting....and super gentle which would be really good for many of us, I think.....unfortunately I can't find any therapists near me who use it