Strange achy nervousness in arms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsE, Jan 7, 2009.

1. MsE

MsE New Member

This is an odd one and I'm not sure I can explain it accurately. The bones in my arms, from my shoulders to my elbows, feel achy and, at the same time, nervous. Jittery. The bones in my legs hurt a lot, but I don't get that weird nervous feeling in them. Do any of you know what's going on? Thanks. MsE
  2. star273

star273 New Member

I have the same thing... weird feeling isnt it. When I feel like that, I take a xanax and do some stretching. I do get this in my legs too and I usually only get it on my right side. On occasion its on my left side too but not to often. I dont really know what this is... just another wonderful symptom of this disease I guess.
    Hope this helps.
  3. MsE

MsE New Member

Again I find I'm not alone, and that helps tremendously. I don't have xanax, but I do have lorazepam xanax's cousin. Yes, that's what I use and it helps, but I sure would like to know what's going on.

If anyone else out there has had this problem and knows what's going on, please write. Thanks, MsE
  4. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

I think if I understand your description correctly that this has happened to me too, and usually signals a migraine headache in my case. I will get it in my arms, but sometimes in my legs too.
    Do you get migraines?
  5. MsE

MsE New Member

No, Cindy. I don't get migraines. I haven't been able to pinpoint anything that is connected to it. MsE
  6. loto

loto Member

if there's something called restless arm syndrome?? there should be! i get the same feeling, only it's in my legs. i hate it more than the worse pain i've ever had. i usually only get it occasionally, and have med for it, but the med hurts my stomach so bad i never take it. I just do my best to try to relax and stretch my legs and calves and feet out. Oh, yeah, i took flexeril for it before and it helped also. Hopefully this will help for the arms!!!
  7. MsE

MsE New Member

I haven't tried any meds because I've thought it was just weird me. Yes, stretching eases it a bit, but not much. Thank goodness it isn't a daily event--just now and then.
  8. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Mostly I have horrendous aching in my legs and feet, really bad at night. Lately I've been taking a homeopathic leg cramp remedy, "Hyland's Leg Cramps w Quinine". You just let 2-3 tablets dissolve under your tongue, they don't taste like much of anything, just kind of sweet.

You can also try Tonic Water, it also has quinine in it. I prefer the Hyland's tho because there are some other ingredients that seem to help more.

My 84 yr old mother has always had trouble w night time leg cramps & restless crawling sensations, so I got her some of these. She had tried prescription meds and other remedies w no improvement. She is very "anti-medication", so she likes these...she keeps them on her nightstand!

...[This Message was Edited on 01/18/2009]
  9. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

getting these symptoms when I weaned off Effexor. The only thing that helps is taking one of my pain pills.
  10. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

I had symptoms like this well before I became fully sick with fibro. I always thought it felt like poison was flowing through my body; deep in my bones. I would try to explain it to family and they didn't get it??

I assumed I was fighting a bug or something. This doesn't really help you, but just wanted to say I can relate to such strange symptoms. I will add that long ago I wasn't on meds or anything, so no blame there.

I still get it now and then, those days I rest, take a muscle relaxer, vicodin, and/or klonopin, what ever gets me through it.

Just one more strange symptom--who knows? I hope you feel better soon.