Strange (Almost Stupid) Question about Getting Better

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Spoonerpaws, May 1, 2003.

1. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

Do you think that a CFS/FM gets better only because they were able to find the root of there problem? In other words, could certain suffers have recovered if they found out what EXACTLY was causing their symptoms, and gone on a treatment program for it?

For instance, I read that a certain CFS sufferer found that she could not drink milk or take antibiotics and after she stopped both, she recovered. If she never found this out, she never would have recovered and they would have said she was incurable.

The reason I ask, is that I took antibiotics recently and the exhaustion was so severe, I thought I was dying. This could indicate a yeast problem and if I get that under control, maybe I will feel better. I know since I stopped the antibiotics, I am definitely feeling a little better.

I know this sounds very simplistic and almost stupid, but I have to wonder how much what we put into our body (meds and diet) have to do with the fatigue and exhaustion we feel
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are a lot of people who are misdiagnosed with FMS and CFIDS. Some have severe allergies and when the allergens are removed, the get well.

I also believe people with our illnesses can get better and/or go into remission. This isn't a cure, but it's the next best thing. We will always have to keep our stress under control or chance sliding backward again.

Love, Mikie