Strange experience at state doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dainty45, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

The state disability set up an appointment for me, for a psychological exam, lo and behold when I got there, he was not there and he never showed up. I waited a half hour extra, to no avail, so we called him on the phone. He was up in his other office, not good for me. So, needless to say, I came home and called my lawyer. My anxiety is high right now, I am still trying to calm down. Has anyone had problems like this trying to get SSDI?

Thanks in advance for all your listening ears! I had to vent a little! SB
  2. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Hi:

Could have just been a mix up. How were you informed of the appointment? Did you even know that he had more than one office? What did your lawyer say? It could be good for you, as an example of fibro fog? Just trying to relax you. I am sure that your lawyer will have some info for you. Hang in there.

Ingrid
  3. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

I was notified in the mail, from the state Disability office, the decision making branch. They felt I needed to provide more information. They set up the appointment, told me the date, the address and who it was with. I wrote everything down, and even kept the letter, now I am using it as evidence as to why I did not show up. Because the doctor was not there, I wonder if I should charge him for my time. Even the office location was specified.

Thank you for responding, now I will wait to see what happens.

Take Care! SB
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2006]