Strange Happenings

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tannat, Apr 28, 2003.

1. tannat

tannat New Member

I woke up about 3:00am and was sooooo dizzy and numb and tingly all over. Felt like just before you go under anestesia. I was very disorientated!

It was all gone when I got up at 6:00am (other that the facial numbness) but that has never happened before and I was kind of spooked!

Has anyone eles had this happen?

Tanna
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

My Fibro started when I woke up one morning and both arms and both legs were all numb and tingly and I could not move them. I was also woozy as you describe.
    It took ten minutes before I could get up from bed. I went through that every morning for a couple of months until I got medicine to help with sleeping, and then a couple of times weekly for the next few yrs. It slowly went away, but was terrifying at first.
    It is what finally stopped me from working, as my arms would go numb and fall to my sides useless when I tried to type for morethan 10 mins.. If I sat too long, I'd get up and fall down due to my legs going numb.
    It feels just like when you sit too long with your leg crossed and one leg goes to sleep, right? Only you hadn't crossed anything so there is no reason for it! This is a common fibro symptom.
    For me, getting proper sleep slowly helped it go away.
    Klutzo
  3. tannat

tannat New Member

I have had the numbness and tingling for 10 years now. I think that may have been my first symptom also. My hands fall asleep constantly! I get worried about driving sometimes!

The facial tingling has only been going on for 3 months now, but I had never had the all over thing before.

Tanna