Strange hives on my ankles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fairyeyes, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

Since last sunday, I've had this odd rash that comes and goes. when it is very red, it itches like hell. When it isn't as angry looking, it just feels like a series of hard bumps. It is both on the outsides and insides of my ankles. I haven't changed any brands(detergents, etc). it feels worse in the evening. I am starting to wonder if I have lupus and wondered if any of the FM/ lupus sufferers here have experienced anything of the sort. In the meantime, I'm in the midst of a bad flare. Pain has been really wearing me out. any input will be appreciated. thanks.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/11/2002]
  2. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

Since last sunday, I've had this odd rash that comes and goes. when it is very red, it itches like hell. When it isn't as angry looking, it just feels like a series of hard bumps. It is both on the outsides and insides of my ankles. I haven't changed any brands(detergents, etc). it feels worse in the evening. I am starting to wonder if I have lupus and wondered if any of the FM/ lupus sufferers here have experienced anything of the sort. In the meantime, I'm in the midst of a bad flare. Pain has been really wearing me out. any input will be appreciated. thanks.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/11/2002]
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

when its all red and bumpy(at its worst) go to urgent care and have a dr look at it, thats the only way youll find out whats causing it is to let a dr see it when its acting up.you can all of a sudden become allergic to things you never were before but id realy let a dr decided whats causing it,
  4. lilwren

lilwren New Member

a couple of people have suggested it was from leaky gut syndrome, or an allergic reaction to food. I have been keeping a journal, but I can't find any kind of connection. Did an allergy diet for six months - cut out wheat, dairy, etc, and it didn't change. I get the bumps all over - never in the same place twice. It itches soooo bad! Some times I end up scratching until I'm bleeding. I've tried herbal remedies but the only thing that makes them go away is children's Benadryl. I hope it's not Lupus! Good luck and hope things get better.

The pain is wearing me out too - I'm very depressed because of it. I feel for you.

love,

Sharon L