STRANGE NIGHT SWEATS.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kathleen12, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I have been having strange night sweats for the past few years and it just dawned on me that someone on here might have some insight.

Quite often during the middle of the night I will wake up with my upper body dripping with sweat. Mostly on my face. What is strange about it is that while my legs and lower body are covered, it is just the exposed surfaces that sweats. You'd think that if it was too hot that the covered areas whould sweat too.

I have wondered if this could be pre-menapause but I am only 42 years old and this has been going on for a long time. I may go several months without sweating then all fo a sudden I will do this for 3 or 4 nights straight. Any insight on this?
  2. tkslave

tkslave New Member

Hi, I also have these nights sweats I am only 40. I will wake up with my whole head and pillow soaking wet.

Sorry I can't help explain why this happens but at least you know you are not alone. Could possibly be caused from meds.

3. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Thank you for replying..I thought I was gonna have to bump this LOL.

I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with this DD. I'm not on any meds to speak of and was certainly not on any when this began. Thank you again.
  4. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

You might want to get tested for peri-menopause or even menopause. I went thru this in my 30's long before hysterectomy done. The sweats were on & off -ex: 2 weeks on 6 months off initially. THought I had slight fevers but it was menopause.

Also as others said it cud be auton. nerv. system, adrenal fatigue or liver flashes.

There are all kinds of protocols for building up the diff. systems. If you can find an alternative doc that will test you for diff things it might help. I follow some protoc. on net from docs I am familiar with and I go to naturopath as well. When my gallbladder was bad I really sweat a lot and lost tons of fluid. It resolved after surgery.

THere are lots of supplements that my body cannot handle at the present time so I am careful not to just take stuff that is recommended. For ex: dhea & pregnenolone are often used for adrenal fatigue. These supplements can overwhelm a person so you really have to know your body and if poss. build up to things slowly 0r take a preliminary route.
    ruby

5. cczub

cczub New Member

I'm a male so I think I can rule out menopause! LOL I've gotten night sweats off and on for the past 2-3 years... The doctors have never given me a reason for them. I've been on no medications so that's not the answer either...

The sweats are always from the waist up. When I do get the night sweats I have to change my shirt and sometimes the sheets/pillowcases.

I'll be fine for a month or so then they come out of the blue..

You're not alone
  6. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I just wonder why we only sweat on our upper bodies and no where else. You'd think that you'd be more likely to sweat in the areas that are hotter like the parts that are under the covers.

I also wonder about the pre menapause, but since this has been going on for about 4 or 5 years, you'd think that I would be out of that stage by now.

CCZUB, you'r the first guy I've heard of who experience this. So it could have something to do with our common disease or even the adrenal fatigue which someone mentioned earlier. (Forgive me, I do not remember the names on here except for the last one posted.).

Thank you all for your insights.

Oh yea, I looked up "Night Sweats" on a search but nowhere does it mention these partial body sweats.
  7. adberens

adberens New Member

I started having night sweats when I got sick with CFS (35) and have had them ever since. I have sweat all over my body though. I also go for months w/o them and them have them every night for a while.