Strange notice of hearing SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmq, Aug 5, 2008.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

well....who knows what is going on now! First of all, I got a notice of hearing only one month after being told the waiting period is about a year....

I am not complaining but the notice was addressed to my 13 year old DAUGHTER!!!! Yup, not me.???!!! I called Allsup who is handling my case and they were perplexed. It was close to 5 pm so they will call me back tomorrow.

I hope they did not screw this up...and not put my package together correctly. I am so nervous about everything happening so quickly. Please say a prayer I get approved...its set for August 21st...that is if the name is an easy correction.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I live in South Florida.

2. TrishinSpokane

TrishinSpokane New Member

Your in my prayers darlin, I wish you the very best of luck. Hopefully Allsup can get it straightened out asap as well. Please let us know as soon as you hear!!

God Bless

[This Message was Edited on 08/05/2008]
  3. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

Keep us posted how it turns out, wishing you the best with it.

[This Message was Edited on 08/05/2008]
  4. nightngale

nightngale New Member

Can be eligible for benefits too if you have met certain work hours....maybe its a slight mixup those people better not delay your case! My daughter got mail too when I was approved saying she would not be getting anything.....Lets hope for the best,,,,let us know! I went with Allsup too.Maybe they sent you both a letter and hers came first?
  5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

never worked enough and my husband is working a decent enough job as far as income (not saying much these days except having a job at all is a blessing!). I just wanted to say that we all should be contacting our Congress person, I know there are some that work on disability issues more than others. But they do discuss it and introduce bills now and hten trying to speed up the process. Unfortunately it never seems to get anywhere, but keeping after them is the only hope of ever getting the help people need in an even slightly reasonable period of time! A year or more is just terrible and I've heard of some waiting FIVE years! Not much compassion for the disabled any more for sure! Bambi
  6. jmq

jmq New Member

I called Allsup again today and they said they have a call into SS office but has not heard back. Now I wait yet another day on pins and needles...