Strange occurence, should I see the doctor...AGAIN?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, May 4, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I woke up this morning with a brand new problem, and I'm not sure if I should be concerned. Well, I have CFIDS and I just saw my infectious disease doc two days ago. Now today, I woke up this morning with a little bit of stomach pain. So, I figured I just had to go to the bathroom. Well, I went and I didn't pass any stool...only a large amount of mucus. I've never had that happen before. Could it be a viral/bacterial infection or something else? Eventually, I was able to have a bowel movement, but it still had lots of mucus mixed in with it. I don't mean to be gross, but I'm just wondering if it's yet another strange symptom of CFIDS or something more serious?

Gentle healing hugs to all,
    Kim
  2. DeDeSu

DeDeSu New Member

And for me it seems More to be when I am having ibs with a fibro flare. So I chalk it up to that, But I also have chronic bronchitis and chronic sinusitis so that could be part of it too.
    When I have a bad sinus infection because of all the mucus in the stomach I do get more stomach aches and upset stomach because the mucus does not get digested..
    Hope this helps.
    D
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I used to get a lot of mucuous in the stool and by itself when I was younger. It was part of irritable bowel syndrome which I've had most of my life. I also had cramping and bloating with it.

Any change in the bowels, though, should be checked out by a doctor.

Regards,

Eileen