Strange Periods since CFIDS/FMS anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Solaris_Starr, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Good morning everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had strange periods since being DX or a significant change in your menstration?

My periods are so painful and way heavier than before DX. Even my legs are involved, extreem leg pain when menstrating. Anyone else?

Sandy
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Yes .. my periods have changed .. I never know how each one is going to be, or even if I will have one .. more pain and discomfort .. BUT .. I have found since taking L-Tryptophan it has helped tremdously .. I'm not sure why but I'm not looking a "gift horse" in the mouth ..
    I thought I was going into menopause .. I'm 49 .. but my GP said I would have to miss about 5 years of periods to be considered that ..
    Good Luck !
    Fudge : )
  3. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

need more input, thanks.
  4. katykat24

katykat24 New Member

one of the symptoms (that i've found in books) is dysmonherrea - which means that the period becomes more painful.

i've found that heating pads or hot waterbottles sometimes help with this sort of pain.

i hope you finid something that helps!
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

My periods became HORRIBLE soon after my DX with Fibro.

Coincedence?? I don't know if theres a link but I do know theres a link with our diseases and Endometriosis.

After 2 yrs of suffering without knowing, I went in for a 'look inside type' surgery.(Laproscope) and was DX with Endo.
    My periods,...and even my ovulation times are very difficult/painful! I also have extreme leg pain.
    My legs bother me just about everyday.
    They just ache like a toothache. Or,they feel like I've walked an amusement park for 2 days!! only I have'nt.
    (wish I was able!) lol

I hope you get some answers soon~
    Make an appoint. with your Gyno.
    He/she will probably try a BC of some sort first.
    Because many times they help with pre-menstrual pains.
    I tried it and it did nothing~
    Then we went on to step 2.
    Good luck!
    Hugs
    Tandy

[ advertisement ]