Strange sensations in head/ skin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepak, Dec 29, 2011.

1. deepak

deepak Member

Hello all from India :).

I am a new member here. Sharing a few things I experience and wondering if anyone else does to and has any advise.

I get these weird sensations in my scalp. Sometimes it seems like the scalp has gotten tender and painful, or like some crawly feeling , or a feeling like one gets when one bleeds ( except that here there is no blood! )

Also, get a "poky" feeling in different parts of my body. As if the skin from underneath is poking me.

Also, sometimes it feels like some mosquito has bitten me , mostly in the finger tips or toes - but no mosquito :(.

God bless us all

2. Picklington

Picklington New Member

Hi Deepak,

Crawling sensations (e.g. feeling like there's a spider under your skin) are called paresthesia, which is quite a common symptom of fibromyalgia or CFS/ME. I've noticed that I experience this particular symptom more often when I'm tired, but I'm afraid I haven't found anything that makes it go away. I've read that some people find that it helps to keep a bar of pure soap in the bed. That's usually a treatment for Restless Leg Syndrome, but seems to help some people with paresthesia in the legs too, so it might be worth a try!

The mosquito bite feeling in the finger tips/toes could be due to poor circulation. Is it worse when you've just got in a hot bath? If so that's another sign that it could be poor circulation. Magnets may help with that and wiggling and rubbing your fingers and toes may help. Some websites say that you can improve circulation via your diet.

Hope that helps - anyway sometimes it's just good to know you're not alone.
  3. luigi21

luigi21 Member

hi nice to 'read' you,

i can relate to the crawling feeling in the scalp, also the pain, im guessing since this fibro is a pain centralisation problem, the scalp also contains muscle attachments that hold it together as does the face, so like the rest of the body its going to suffer pain in all muscles tendons and ligaments, and the nerves send the signal of pain, this can go right to the finger tips being that many nerve endings are there. The circulation is also a good point, we suffer lack of oxygen circulation which can cause pain, since the fingers are peripheral if oxygen circulation (blood circulation) is poor then the peripherals will feel it. It appears new symptoms appear all the time, but if your worried get them checked out with you doctor. Pain types differ, anything from stabbing, shooting, soreness, an electric type of pain, pain similar to whiplash injury like all your nerves have been yanked out and are exposed, bloody awful. I tell ya what we are a brave bunch of people not many people understand or could possibly put up with what we do.

all the best from me to you

4. deepak

deepak Member

Thanks to all the lovely people over here who are so helpful. I am so lucky and grateful to have found this site :).

Love to all