strange squeezy tightness in my arm

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moaningmum, Sep 10, 2005.

1. moaningmum

moaningmum New Member

Its hard to explain, but my arm feels like there are elastic bands at the top of my arm, restricting the blood supply and nerves.

Its feels a little numb, but painful too, if that makes sense.

Ive had this before, but only for a few hours at a time. Its lasted 24 hours so far this time, and although Im still getting on with things, I keep looking at my hand to see if its gone blue, but it hasnt.

Ive had fibro 3 yrs, and have had a good SIX months with hardly any symptoms. Now I feel really angry that its come back.

Does anyone else have this symptom?

Ive had much more pain than this with previous flares, but Im finding this weird sensation scary.

Moaningmum x
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I would want to have this checked out, because the first thing that comes to my mind would be heart problems or nerve problems.

I looked at your profile, but didn't see an age mentioned so I don't know how old you are.

I hope you get this checked out. At least if it is just FMS, you wouldn't be so worried about it.

If it gets worse, I'd go to the ER this weekend.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. moaningmum

moaningmum New Member

Im only 38, so am sure its nothing to do with my heart.
    You might be right about the nerve thing. It feels more nerve related than muscle.

Why its lasted so long this time I dont know, especially after being fine (almost) for over six months.