Strange symptom eating followed by fever/chills sensation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kal-El, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Kal-El

Kal-El New Member

I'm going through a pretty bad flare up at the moment and one of the weirdest symptoms I'm getting is that every single time I eat something, within a half an hour, I start to feel a whole lot fever/chills sensations all over my body. I don't actually have a fever, but it just feels like I do. My hands and feet get really cold, my head starts feeling strange, I start feeling very nervous, my vision gets a little blurry, and I just feel really unwell and slightly nauseous. This has happened to me once before about 3 months ago, but it passed in a week or so.

At first, I suspected that it was something in particular that I was eating, but its not the case. Even after eating just plain white rice, which almost everyone on the planet can tolerate, I still get the sensations. The only thing that seems to make a difference is the amount of food I eat...the less I eat at one time, the less it affects me. I tried taking advil to calm down the feelings and it doesn't work.

Has anyone else experienced this before? What do you think causes this?
  2. Hopetogetbetter

Hopetogetbetter New Member

Hi Ka-el,
    I experience times in the evening where I will get so cold to the point I will shiver and have to bundle up with lots of clothes and blankets. I will use a heating pad to get warm.
    I have been experiencing nausea every day for past 4 weeks.
    I feel it is related to pain- as I have been trying to decrease the amount of Ibuprophen I take.
    I have had the fuuny feeling in my Head and vision problems as well.
    Are you taking too much medication, perhaps??
    Hope this helps.
    Susan
  3. Kal-El

Kal-El New Member

Actually, I don't take anything at all except the occasional advil for the fever/chills...that's it. I don't suffer from much pain at all either. The first time this happened to me, I had shingles and it was more severe that time. What's strange is I almost feel like the shingles wants to come back again. I probably have almost every symptom I had back then but no eruptions on my skin....very strange. It's like the virus wanted to reactivate, but it couldn't.
  4. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

That's what I had after I ate at the beginning of my illness.

It lasted a while then disappeared.

It later reappeared as hot FEET!!! after I ate when I was in a flare a few years ago - again although this still happens if I am extra run down it has mostly stopped.

Just do whatever you can to make yourself comfortable - I think it is probably just another weird symptom of these diseases.

Check with your doc just in case though.

Love Bunchy
  5. MsE

MsE New Member

The fever sensation shortly after eating. I has made me wonder abouot blood sugar levels, but I haven't done anything about checking that.

Mickie suggested checking into leaky gut syndrome, so I probably will.
  6. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

I am guessing it is nerve system damage and maybe leaky gut and other organ and hormone and blood changing haywireness.

The way that I describe what is happening to me is that everything feels haywire all the time.

The nerve system has got to be damaged here...as well as hormone and glandular damage.
    Yes, it is horrible and so depressing. And to have no whwere to go to get definitive diagnosis or help. We all need special hopsitals built just ofr us. Where we will be treated with one goal in mind and with respect and compassion. Is there any billionaire who would like to do something great to help this country? There you go.

Hospiyals and treatment and stdy centers for people with our diseases. I am so tired of doctors rushing me through always saying they have more sick patients to attend to.
  7. Kal-El

Kal-El New Member

I ate some dinner last night, and it seems the sensation is already starting to go away again. It seems to be related to my shingles and I realized that the weird feelings in my head were caused by nerve pain.

I had the shingles originally on and around my chin and I could feel the pain all through my jaw and around my ear. The last time, it was only on my left side, but this time I seemed to feel it on both sides. It finally dawned on me that it was probably the chewing action that was causing the flare up like that. It must have been aggrevating the nerves...Very strange.