Strange symptoms shakes, tremors, vibrations

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Michelle_NZ, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi folks

I've been getting some really weird symptoms in the last month or so:
    - Daily migraines in the afternoon
    - muscle twitches in my arms and legs, during the day and at night
    - weakness down my arms into my hands and fingers
    - tremors in my hands - they shake when trying to hold them still over the keyboard or mouse
    - numbness in my face, neck, shoulder and arm (left side)
    - strange vibrations in my legs - they last a few seconds, they are not painful, just strange
    - I feel much better in the morning - usually no or little fatigue, but I start to crash in the afternoon, and by the time I go to bed I am usually feeling very ill.

Has anyone else experienced these things? I have CFS, but I've never experienced these symptoms before.

I have an appointment with my dr in about 10 days, but I thought I would ask you guys as well.

Thanks
    Michelle
  2. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

Have you been tested for Lyme Disease through IGENEX labs? All of these are signs of Lyme. My son had awful tremors a year before his lyme diagnosis.

Hope this helps.
  3. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Redsox - I had a look at the symptoms for Lymes - it does sound familiar, except for the rash - did your son get a rash after the bite?

Thanks
  4. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Thanks for that - what is MPS?

Do you think the tremors etc you had were part of your FMS or MPS?

Thanks
  5. ripebear

ripebear New Member

mps myofascial pain syndrome
  6. Mugrat

Mugrat New Member

Hi, Michelle,

My sister had something called adeno virus (transmitted by mosquitos) many years back which has caused her recurring trouble over the years. Numbness and weakness like you mention are clear indicators to her when she is unwell. Might be worth checking out. All the best.
  7. sewhat

sewhat New Member

I have mps and have the symptoms, when i descrbe them to the doctors they just seem to dismiss them. Good luck with your aptmt/
    What I want to know is if there is anything to stop the tremors and shaking/
    sewhat
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Your symptoms sound like they could be from many things, including Parkinson's and other things that aren't so serious.

I would definately ask your doc about this, write it down on a list if you have trouble remembering things. (Most of us do)

About the Lyme, yes... you can still test positive without the rash, many don't remember a rash or a tick bite, including my husband who's at this moment going downhill fast due to it.

You might want to ask your doc for a Neurology referral too.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  9. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

I have written a list of the symptoms and will get a referral to a neurologist.
  10. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

HI Michelle,

I have 2 children with Lyme. We never remember a rash. Do a search on lymenet and go to the forum. If youdecide to get tested for Lyme you need the lab done with Igenex. My son ignored the tremors and than started with severe auditory hallucinations. Fortunately I knew this could be Lyme related. My daughter has been ill for 3 years. Most docs know nothing about Lyme. If you decide to be checked you need a lyme literate doctor if the Igenex Lyme test is positive.

Good luck!