Strange Symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I have CFS and FMS

This symptom has been going on for a while

After I have been in the car awhile, (maybe even as little as 20 minutes), when I get out, I am lightheaded and off balance

After I walk around for awhile, I feel a little better

Input anyone?
  2. LadyLawe

LadyLawe New Member

I feel the same way when riding or driving in a car but I also experience the pins and needles feeling in all of my limbs when I have been sitting or standing in one place for more than 15 or so minutes. I really do not think I can not explain it except that I think the lightheaded and off balance feeling I get is caused by the medication I take which is Topomax. But I sorta feel that way all the time, it does get worse when I drive or ride in a vehicle.
  3. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

occasional lorcet plus for horrible days (maybe 1 or 2 pills a week now....

and I have dizzy spells often....mine usually happen when I stand up from a sitting position or from lying down.

Sudden movements...looking sideways quickly will also give my head a good spin.
  4. hunterwillow

hunterwillow New Member

When I get out of a car, whether I drove or someone else,I stagger around like I've been drinking. (Some people have wondered). I usually feel a bit nauseous also. This usually goes away fairly quickly. I have always tended to get motion sickness very easily, even as a child. Dizziness, lightheadedness---all part of that.

A couple of years ago I had a really bad episode of what was diagnosed as meniere's disease. It is an inner ear disorder. These attacks appear as severe vertigo, tinnitus, and sensorineural hearing loss. My symtoms included nauea, vomiting, world spinning worse than any drunk would know, unable to stand. This type of disease can go into remission (thank God). Between attacks, the person may be asymptomatic. (ie; the appearance of drunkeness, dizziness.

I am very lucky to have had only one -acute- attack as this disease can be very severe and disabling. I continue to have problems with dizziness, tinnitus, fullness in the ear, and (permanent) hearing loss etc.

You might want to do a search on inner ear problems to see if any seems to describe you. Maybe ask your doctor. Some problems come on slow so you might not be aware of the effect on hearing, etc.

5. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

After I ride for any distance, when the vehicle stops, I still have the sensation that it is moving and I have even screamed at my husband to but the brake on thinking we were moving and going to hit a stopped car. He just looks at me like I am crazy and usually doesn't say much. It is embarrasing when someone else in driving or with us but I really feel like we are still moving. Then when I get out, you would swear that I am drunk because I couldn't walk a straight line if you put a gun to my head. I hope I never have to take a sobriety test because there is no way I could ever pass it.
    Stinker56
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

my landlegs back when I get out of a car, I feel unsteady, same if I'm sitting in a chair for awhile.

I dont know why but I know what you're talking about.

love
    Rosie
  7. patches25

patches25 New Member

That is a common feeling even in people who do not have this illness. But I think we have to be careful dealing with it because we are usually so stiff after sitting relatively still for a while. I am sure our probability of a fall is greater than the normals. So be careful.

If the problem gets extremely severe then it may be related to vestibular or visual imbalances. E.
  8. cwilson

cwilson New Member

I have the same problems too.
    My Doc has me on Meclazine 25mgs. @ bedtime and if problem still exsist 1 every 8 hours.

It's helped a lot.

[ advertisement ]