strange things

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tennessee, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Tennessee

Tennessee New Member

hope everyone is not tired of me and my endless stream of questions yet!want to thank yall for listenin=).the longer i have fm,ibs,gerd,the more symptoms show up.some are pretty scary.a couple of nights ago i experienced the worst headache i've ever had in my life,i did'nt know such pain in the head could exsist,i literally thought my head was gonna explode.it started from the base of my skull to the front of my noggin,was gone when i woke the next mornin but my head was tender.within the last year or so i have had cts,xrays and had an mri and blood work,all were negative.i've had my blood pressure checked over and over.a few times it has been a little high but they're writin it down as pain,it always goes back to normal.the last week or so,just while i was resting,not exerting,a few times i have had'sighs'(for a lack of knowing anything else to call it).Not a sigh i could control,just in the middle of breathing a deep sigh.i have shallow breathing at times also that i can't help.anyone else experienced anything like this?thanks for listening=).
  2. Tennessee

Tennessee New Member

hope everyone is not tired of me and my endless stream of questions yet!want to thank yall for listenin=).the longer i have fm,ibs,gerd,the more symptoms show up.some are pretty scary.a couple of nights ago i experienced the worst headache i've ever had in my life,i did'nt know such pain in the head could exsist,i literally thought my head was gonna explode.it started from the base of my skull to the front of my noggin,was gone when i woke the next mornin but my head was tender.within the last year or so i have had cts,xrays and had an mri and blood work,all were negative.i've had my blood pressure checked over and over.a few times it has been a little high but they're writin it down as pain,it always goes back to normal.the last week or so,just while i was resting,not exerting,a few times i have had'sighs'(for a lack of knowing anything else to call it).Not a sigh i could control,just in the middle of breathing a deep sigh.i have shallow breathing at times also that i can't help.anyone else experienced anything like this?thanks for listening=).
  3. thereseuk

thereseuk New Member

Ask as many questions as you need to thats why we are all here. Sometimes it is scary when new symptoms show up. I,ve lost count of how many times I was convinced I was dying and i still get scared sometimes.
    Now to the headaches and 'sighs'. I think it would be fair to sy that the majority of us have had these at some time or other. As the mri has shown that there is nothing serious to worry about then it could be a number of things. The most obvious being muscle tension sometimes if you press your thumb firmly just below andf to the side of the main tendon this can help relieve the pressure. It will hurt initially but with firm constant pressure you can get relief.
    Other things that can cause this type of headache is dehydration. We have a tendancy tof dehydrate quickly so drinking lots of water can help at leaast half your body weight in ounces.
    The other thing it could be is food intolerances with wheat and dairy being the most common culprits. I get a major bad head when I eat wheat but not neccessarily on the same day. so food intolerances often go un noticed.
    Shallow breathing is something that \I battle with too and it does help to regularly do breathing exercises and relaxation tecniques. Breathing and posture often go toghether so it helps to work on posture too. An easy way to do this is to use an exercise ball. This is what I,ve taken to using for some of the time I sit at my pc. It keeps your posture in correct alignment but if you do it for too long and youre not used to it it can make your stomach and back muscles sore but it does help with proper breathing.
    hope this helps
    love therese
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

first of all..did you read my post about numbness/tingling when I said duh to myself because I thought you were from tennessee and you're actually in the UK...lol

You can never ask too many questions...that's the beauty of this board..we support each other.

I think that anytime you have a severe symptom such as a headache or chest pain, you are better off to just give your dr a call & let them know. Better to be safe than sorry, in my opinion. If not your dr, go to the ER (what is it called in the UK?)

Let us know how your doing and how your doc search is going. Michele
  5. marcia41

marcia41 Guest

Like was said,don't ever worry about asking questions,many have answers,plus some others may have same questions,but just don't get around to asking.
    The shallow breathing could be a habit,from being in pain so much.At least I found it to be the case for me.So have to keep remembering to breathe properly.The sighs are probably your brain's way of getting more oxygen to your body!Another reminder to breathe right!
    The worst headaches I've ever had,turned out to be food allergy.One thing that helps,when I first start having one is to take Benadryl tabs.Do you have that there?It's an allergy med that is offered frequently over here.If not available,maybe something similar.Ask a Dr. or Pharmacy.
    Hope this helps.
    Your friend on the board,
    Marcia
  6. G

G New Member

we are here to help in anyway we can.

I have had this happen to me several times and had worried about it myself. I found that I usually had this when I was having an reaction to an product or scent that I was around. Are you chemically sensitive that you know of and if you are try to find out what could be causing this for you and eliminate it as soon as possible. I can't stress this enough!!!

If it's that you are sensitive you will find that most of us will have this. It is an symptom of FMS, CFS, MCS and GWS to some syndromes. What I do is get an good air cross breeze and lay down and take in fresh air. Lie flat and breathe slowly and deep, and stay there till you feel better again, especially if you are also weakened, lightheaded and feel like you're ready to passout. If it continues "call your doctor".

I hope this is not the problem but it is another take on what could be happening. If you need any info regarding this just ask and I will help you in finding you information that you could look up. Now take a deep breathe... :~)

G
  7. Tennessee

Tennessee New Member

michelle thank u,u gave me a much needed laugh=).i am from tennessee,lived there my whole life till march of this month.i married in janurary,my husband is english so i moved here to be with him.i very much miss home and my family but he has youngins here(i'm a step mom!=)and i have none so it werent a hard decesion.thanks for the comforting words,i hate than anyone should suffer this thing,would'nt wish it on my worst enemy,but it's nice to know i'm not alone,thank u=)
  8. dlizard

dlizard New Member

one of my alternative practitioners told me about the essential oil peppermint ( its cheap by the way about 6 or 7 dollars a bottle)..... anyway, you take a couple of drops on your fingers and apply it to the middle of the back of your neck, straight from the bottle. It will relax your neck muscles and progress on to your headache. It may not completely remove it but I promise it will help and best part:: no pills!!!!!!!!! try it ... it works! Good luck!
  9. nova

nova New Member

I don't know where you are at, but I'm near Memphis. I have some Excellent MD's. I get those sighs at times. The best i can figure is that my diaphragm is getting hit like all of my other muscles. I DID get it checked out though and the MD said as lons as my 02 sat was okay he wasn't too concerned.

Hope this helps,

Tara