Strange vibrating symptom

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spmom, May 22, 2008.

1. spmom

spmom New Member

O.K., this is a new one for me. I am getting these bizarre vibrating sensations in different parts of my body. It feels exactly like having my cell phone on vibrate function just under my skin in localized areas. I'm chalking up to the many weird symptoms of FMS, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

but the bottom of my left foot vibrates.

3. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Iv'e seen this referred to as a buzzing feeling on the GF boards. It's very common for gluten intolernance. I don't know if other chemicals could do the same, but I don't see why not.

Have you been exposed to any new chemicals in the last day or so ?

4. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

this has been a regular thing for me. Either all over my body or a small area such as an area of my back, top of my head or even my lips. I definitely experience it full body for no reason.
    Although, when i had my car detailed i drove it home. Within 10 minutes my face went numb. That was chemical exposure
  5. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Isnt that a wierd feeling!! i have had that off & on for years. Sometimes its in my chest area, other times it goes down my legs.i just chalked it up to the cfids & Fibro.thats one symptom i havent told the doc about, but i have saw threads on here before about it.
  6. sueliza

sueliza New Member

I have the exact same thing! I thought my cell phone was ringing four different times in a store today, but no it was just me.

Mine seems to be coming from my lower abdomen. I found a thread on a different board about vibrations in the leg. It seemed many people had told their doctors, but none knew what it was. A lot of people had had mri's of the brain and back, but no cause was found.

It must be a nerve going haywire? If I told my doctor every symptom I have she would think I have lost my mind!

Hope yours goes away soon - it is annoying.
  7. spmom

spmom New Member

Yeh, I thought it was my cell phone, too. This is just too weird!!!!!!
  8. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

and I'm constantly checking my cell phone.

I get it mostly in my back and neck, and legs. It's when my purse is sitting on my lap that I think the cellphone is going off.

9. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

I get it too! Typically, mine is in my leg and arm muscles. I told my doctor about it and he said it was most likely the FMS.

10. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I get them everywhere.
  11. boscosmom

boscosmom New Member

i call it my internal tremor but, the buzz description is better...i will actually go to the mirror and look at my lips when they get that or look down at my hand to see if it is moving...UGH this DD!
  12. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I get that too. It actually started in my foot after I broke it, and then it seemed to move around my body. Had it for about 6 months before getting sick with fibro.

I am sure the twitching and buzzing is due to the nervous system problems we have with fibro.

Sue in Ontario
  13. poets

poets Member

I get them everywhere as well. Especially the chest. Sometimes it feels as if the core of me is vibrating. Strange.
  14. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have the feeling my whole body is vibrating. I described mine as a motor humming in my body..

Guess its another thing with this darn DD. I just ignore mine , never mentioned it to the doc.

Wonder what could be causing another mistery, do you do anything for your vibrating or just tolerate it?

15. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Yes! My back from waist to shoulders does that under-skin vibrate thing and I pretty much ignore it...that is, I did until I saw this topic.
    I also get electric-feeling buzzes from the top of my spine, across both shoulders, down both arms and hands. Sort of the same feeling as sticking a finger in a light socket but moving DOWN shoulders and so on instead of the other way around.
    Just chalked it up to one of the many non-joys of this d'd. Dr won't talk with me about it.

16. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I could use all these words to describe the feeling I get - as someone else said - in the core of my body, at other times in certain parts only.

I have it in my left hand and lower abdomen tonight.

Very uncomfortable but seems lots of us have this.

Love Bunchy x
  17. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

This has been my problem for the past several years. I have often described it as feeling "plugged in". It's almost like an electrical shock that never stops. According to my dr. this is a classic FM symptom.

I'm sorry you're having to go through this. It can get very painful at times. I even have it in my head sometimes. It's awful.

Hang in there. I hope you feel better soon!
    God bless,
  18. coolma

coolma New Member

I know that FM has been listed as a Central Nervous System Disorder - part and parcel of this illness. It would seem logical the nerves are over-acting in areas of the body. It's all out of whack anyway!
  19. boscosmom

boscosmom New Member

20. risajune

risajune New Member

I have it in my fingers all the time. Its like im holding a jackhammer. or like I sat on my hands too long. dont have a clue why.