Strangely helpful Christmas gifts from hubby

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Juloo, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Juloo

Juloo Member

I've just realized today that my husband did some really good thinking for Christmas gifts. He gave me a student clarinet and 'Dance Dance Fever' for PlayStation2.

So how are these good? With the clarinet -- my music background is in keyboard -- this is a totally new instrument. The trick isn't so much in learning the notes, but in developing breath support. I was sucking wind pretty hard, but dang, I can play a pretty great "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" already! If I keep this up, my lungs are going to become a lot more efficient.

With the PS2 game, you use a floor pad with arrows for the feet and try to follow the musical beat and arrows on the screen. My son and I got all the way through the 8 sections of the first 'training lesson' today, then I started the second section. I managed to get all the way through to end of the eighth one of those then my right calf cramped up (much to the hilarity of my son). So I turned it over to him and laughed my rear off watching him try to keep up. So...exercise (you can set the workout pace) and laughter. Not bad!

I also got a big book of Sudoku -- puzzles so my brain won't curl up and rot!
  2. simka

simka New Member

Not only helpful, but so nice to know that someone cares about you enough to come up with these great ideas - fun but with a purpose too.
  3. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

that he came up with these thoughtful/neat gifts!
    I appreciated my hubby getting me a foot spa, with a paraffin wax massage thingy for my hands, and manicure set
    all to relax and pamper myself with!
    Glad you and your son had fun too!
    :) Enjoy! ~Karen