Street Bikes - Anyone Ride or Tried?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tadpoles, Sep 12, 2003.

1. tadpoles

tadpoles New Member

Just wondering, does anyone ride or have you tried? My husband bought a new Bike this week and I thought NO WAY! Boy was I surprised, I was aching all in my neck, shoulders and blades as usual and when I got off that thing, I actually felt relaxed, slept all night, and got up almost pain free and loose through my usual aching parts. I tried it again this evening because I was hurting and darn if it didn't help again. Could it be the vibration relaxing my muscles kind of like a tins machine?
    Just Curious,
    Thanks for Your Responses,
    Tadpoles
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I think I remember reading about others who bike or use stationary ones at home. The ones who wrote, I believe felt good!

Don't overdue initially. If it feels right, keep on keepin' on!

This will bump up your question, maybe you will get more response.

Hugs,

Kim
  3. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Since you say "vibrations", I assume you are referring to a motorcycle. I would have to be out of my mind to try that. I can't even keep a bicycle balanced. I did love to ride behind my ex-husband, though - just the sense of freedom, speed and being right "out there" with nature was wonderful. Unfortunately, he wasn't. So no more motorcycle rides. I have a friend who rides a big Honda tricycle. Now that I would try. I wanted it so badly when she was selling it (to get a newer one) but $1,600 for a toy was a little out of my range!!

JoAnn
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Do I feel like a goof! I am so 'foggy' that I thought Tad meant a regular bike. Thought maybe that was what some people call it! GEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Be glad when this stuff lifts!

Kim
  5. tadpoles

tadpoles New Member

Sorry, I am refering to a motorcycle, I couldn't dare ride by myself, I rode behind my Husband.
    Thanks,
    Tadpoles
  6. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

My husband sold our Honda Shadow this summer. He didn't ride it as much anymore because of me, and I always felt left out when he did go. I cried, and felt real weird about it being sold. I used to ride on the back. I enjoyed it. Because of neck and back injuries, I can't do it anymore. I don't think I would fair well if I only had FMS either. After consoling, he made a positive statement about buying another if I get better. How sweet.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I love to ride, but gripping the handlebars and being jolted through my upper body when I hit little bumps threw me into a bad flare.

Love, Mikie
  8. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I love to ride on the back of a bike. I don't think I have the strength to drive a bike myself, they're much heavier than I am (at 105 now). The freedom, the fresh air, the scenery, ....the bugs, the rain.....LOL!! But all good anyways! It does hurt my back a bit to ride for too long, though. But then again, we have a crotch-rocket! I haven't been on the back of my hubby's for 2 1/2 years. Since I've had my son, I don't get much time for myself alone with hubby. Besides, I have this terrible phobia about something happening to us and leaving Seth by himself...

I think you probably are getting some relaxation, depending on what kind of bike it is, so that's probably why you feel better.

Ride free and safe,

Debbie
  9. tadpoles

tadpoles New Member

WOW! Isn't it funny how it affects us each differently? Ours is a Honda Shadow 1100, I'm too scared to get on a crotch rocket.
    Tadpoles

[ advertisement ]