Strength through Him

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by here2talk, Apr 22, 2009.

1. here2talk

here2talk New Member

It is amazing to know how much my strength comes from Him. My being is intertwined in His Will that when I am astray I feel it so strong emotionally. He loves to test us, or better yet, He allows us to be tested. He wants us to be strengthened in His Word and nothing else. Wait, what did she just say? Yes, He wants us to gain our strength from Him. He wants us to feed on His Word, turn our problems to Him and He will wipe away every tear.
    We are so trained not to trust. We all have been stabbed in the back by individuals and many of us live that trust must be earned. We live in a world filled with sin and because of that, we are jaded. It is extremely scary not to be in control and to know that someone else has the power. The amazing thing is He's not "someone" He is "The One." He surpasses any illness, fear, doubt or weakness that we have. Because of sin we are afflicted, but with Him we are made whole.

On days like today when my heart and body is struggling, I remind myself every minute that my soul is strong in Him. I've been told by individuals on this board before that I am strong. When I read that from the others the verse "for when I am weak, then I am strong" echos in my entire being. I turn myself over to you Lord, again and again. Although I may question and doubt, the one thing I never doubt is my faith in You. You are my strength and when I feel that I am unable to keep fighting you are the Rock that prevents me from falling.
  2. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

here2talk. You sound like you are very strong, and happy, with the Lord in your life.
    He is our comfortor in everything.

Eccleciastes 3: 1-2,4,8

To every thing there is a season,
    and a time to every purpose
    under the heaven:
    a time to be born,
    and a time to die,
    ...a time to weep,
    and a time to laugh,
    ...a time to love,
    and a time to hate:
    a time of war,
    and a time of peace.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Love, Cynthia
  3. jole

jole Member

This week I have seen the love of our Lord and Savior in the most miraculous ways.

My granddaughter was born on Thursday with the cord wrapped twice around her neck so tightly the doctor couldn't get it loose, and had to cut it still wrapped immediately after her birth. She was totally purple, but thank God with no long-lasting effects.

She wasn't due for two more weeks...but my daughter had been dilated to 5 for the past two months, so they decided to induce labor to keep from possibly getting an infection. If they had let her go another 2 weeks, perhaps she wouldn't have survived. Was Jesus with them? You know it!

On Friday a friend of mine died of a brain aneurysm...they were able to keep her "alive" until her family all arrived. The miracle of this was that she had told all of them that she was to be a donor, and everything but her heart was harvested....it couldn't be due to so much damage trying to revive her. Her life...and subsequent death...is bringing so much hope and joy to so many people that I'm sure were nearly without hope!

Yes, God is in charge of our comings and our goings, and everything in between. If we let Him lead and we follow, all will be well, even though we may not see it that way. Praise to our Heavenly Father, Son and Holy Spirit....not my will, but Thine be done! ***Jole***
  4. here2talk

here2talk New Member

Bob I always forget when I come back that this is your new name! I'm so happy that things are going well for you. I know you struggled about your marriage for so long.

It is great to read everyone's responses on here- we are a community of faith and although it is faceless there is a strong support system.
  5. sparkie12

sparkie12 New Member

What a blessing to have found a board with people who think like me. Yes, here2talk you are exactly right!! When we are at our weakest point we are strong in HIM. HE sends HIS power upon us that all may see and that HE will be glorified.

"The LORD is my shepherd" (Ps. 23) means so much to me. Sheep are not very bright animals and they need to be cared for in everyway. I try to remember to rely on GOD to take care of me just because it is a promise from HIM to me. All I have to do is believe.

Great topic!! I look forward to getting to know you all better.

P.S. And to Bob - my heart goes out to you, I too once went through a divorce but GOD is whispering in my ear this morning to tell that "Behold HE is doing a new thing in your life and leading you beside the still waters that HE so readily promises to us. I eventually re-married and now have a wonderful husband and 2 more beautiful sons. GOD is good and I pray HE will pour out HIS blessing on your life.