Stress and pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tlc8858, Mar 21, 2006.

1. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Hi all. Do any of you get an extremely bad flair up when you are stressed? I thought I had this darn disease under control. But I am going through a really stressful time right now and I keep getting a new unexplainable pain every day. I am going to lose my mind. Any suggestions?
    Thanks Tammy
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Absolutely worse when I'm under stress. I sure wish I knew how to NOT be stressed.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  3. Cindi

Cindi New Member

Maybe this is why I'm in a continual flare :(
    I've tried everything to de-stress my life, or at least learn to manage my stress. I do good for awhile, then fall back in the same pattern. The thing is, I KNOW to let go and let God!

~Cindi
  4. spmary

spmary New Member

Oh, yes,it does make pain worse. Deep breathing helps me.also,listening to relaxing music. If you find out the magic way to de-stress let us al know.LOL,Mary
  5. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

I appreciate the replies, It is nice to know I am not alone.
    Hugs Tammy
  6. zerped

zerped New Member

One of the few things I can count on for relief is music. I love all kinds of music but the two things that really do the trick for me are a CD of Gorecki's "Symphony of Sorrowful Songs" and one of Bach pieces for solo violin. If I lie down in the dark and listen to 30 min. of either, I feel like I've had a 2-hour nap!
  7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Stress....any kind...will send me into a flare faster than anything. If I am in a situation where I have to listen to someone talk a lot or talk very fast, I have a hard time keeping focused on what they are saying and it will stress me out. I can be feeling no pain at the beginning of the conversation, and I can actually feel the pain increasing more and more the longer I try to be part of the conversation.

Peace and quiet ....that is the best remedy for me.

Lolalee
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

Oh yes!!!!!! Without a doubt. When you get stressed you tense up and there it goes. Stress is hardly unavoidable though.

Kriket