stress and palpations

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen_dean, Feb 1, 2006.

1. karen_dean

karen_dean New Member

The last two days have ben the worst days of my life...personal problems at home...I need to know if stress can cause palpations not in my chest, as much as the feeling in my throat or neck area..I hate to leave this a short posting but I'm not able to function to well with all this crap going on..Thx 4 listening.
    Hugzz Karen
  2. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I think I know what you are talking about. I have experienced so much stress in a short period of time (maybe something at work, or could be home too), and my throat actually feels like you described. I also have heart palpatations.

When I get extremely stressed, I almost lose my voice too.

Maybe some others will post, and let you know if this has happened to them too.

I hope things get better for you before long.

Kinsie
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I do believe stress can cause palpitations, but the best thing is to see your doctor. They can do a 24 hour Holter Monitor test to see what is going on. You will feel better knowing if it is not serious.

There are medications that can help - I used to take beta blockers that calm your heart. They block the effects of adrenalin to your heart.
  4. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

I know exactly what your going through, no fun, they are really crazy!
    I've had them for 18 years.
    I have since, been throughly tested over the years, and had found them to be benign, thank God!
    They will come and go, but only when very stressed or very tired.
    I cannot have any caffiene at all, it really worsens them.
    I had them as you describe about 3 days in a row last week, and none since!
    Like I said they are crazy, you don't know when they'll hit ya, I hope you will find the cause, and get to feeling better soon.
    I use to get so hyper, and worked up with mine, but since I know now its not something bad wrong with my heart, I have learned to live with them, even though, I don't like them, ofcourse.
    50mg. of Toprol XL has helped calm them down, consideribly,
    Big huz 2 U ~ Karen :)