Stress, BUT not forever

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acheallover, Feb 5, 2006.

1. acheallover

acheallover New Member

Greetings to all. I am a 63 year old. I was diagnosed in 2002. I worked for a very abusive organization, with huge amounts of stress since 2002. I left or should I say, was removed from my position as a clinical manager with supervision of 45+ people all in the health field, (what a laugh). I have not worked since 8/05. I have learned many things from this dreadful experience. But first, let me make myself clear, I loved my work and loved my employees. Working with Death and Dying everyday is such an honoring experience. I could go on and on, but what I want to share with you all, ONE DAY AT A TIME, EVERY DAY THAT YOU WAKE UP IS A GOOD DAY, LOVE YOURSELF AND REMEMBER TO BREATHE!!!! AND PLEASE REMEMBER, LIFE IS WAY TO SHORT!!! BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL, Phyllis
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Nice to meet you!!! The original reason (ten years ago) I started my own business was because of the abuse when working for others.

Your advice is excellent and I agree with you. Many people here have also been treated bad and lost their jobs. It is heartbreaking what some have gone through here.

My sweet brother who worked over 12 years as a dedicated employee was fired in December for no reason. They just wanted to replace him with someone younger and for less money.

As it turned out, he has come to work with me and it is wonderful. It is good for him, and me.

I don't know if I could work in hospice work, if that is what you did. I do admire the work, but am so sensitive. Last year I lost three people close to me and went through a very bad time.

Please tell us more, I look forward to hearing from you.

Take care

3. leomonkey

leomonkey Member

Yes, even when those periods of frustration come and we need to deal with loss and grieving, it is good to let go and to refocus on what "is" rather than we do not have :)