Stress definitely makes it worse!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen55, Feb 4, 2003.

1. karen55

karen55 New Member

Been trying to just take Monday's doc's appointment with a grain of salt; after all, the pituitary gland thing is out of my control and I'll just have to wait for the rest of the tests and test results.
    However, my husband, who had a heart attack nearly 3 years ago, just found out yesterday he has another blockage in his heart and will be going in for another angioplasty, probably another stent implant in the next week or two.
    Reliving that nightmare here, and my body is reacting accordingly. Didn't sleep much last night even with meds, not functioning well this morning. Shaking like a leaf from nerves and feeling pretty crappy overall. I'm trying to make myself calm down, using deep breathing, trying to *think positive*. Could really use any advice so I don't drag myself down further while going through all of this.
    Thanks.

Karen
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry about your husband. Sometimes we just have to sit quietly and place ourselves in God's hands.

You are right; stress is absolutely the worst thing for us. We must do whatever it takes to get rid of the stress.

On the positive side, the blockage has been identified and there is something which can be done. By the time my Mom had her heart attack and they found the blockage, it was too late. All her organs began failing before the blockage was broken up.

Sweetie, try to have faith and in the meantime, prayers are going up for you both.

Love, Mikie
  3. karen55

karen55 New Member

Mikie, thanks for your never-ending support. I know this is all out of my hands. I'm just trying to figure out how to handle all this stress without making myself sicker, know what I mean? Part of me has to be strong for my hubby, I want him to keep a positive attitude, and I know that like me, he is afraid too, so I feel like if *I* lose it, he will too. Am I doing the wrong thing?? He was already worried about ME after my doc's appt. Monday. This feels like a double edged sword. And on top of it, my mom is going through her CAT and PET scans this week (lung cancer) to see if she has progressed any. I jokingly told her on the phone last night that she can't have any health crises this month because I just cannot deal with it. But it's true, I feel like I've got more than I can effectively handle now. Just looking for any ideas or suggestions on how to remain calm and handle this right now. {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} to you.

Karen
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It might help if you and your hubby discussed this as it sounds like you are both trying to "be strong" for each other. Sometimes this can produce stress. Do you guys have access to some therapy to discuss your concerns? Just talking to someone who will listen is stress reducing. My therapist has been great at helping me with stress. Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm also sending up a prayer for your Mom. Geez, it's true: When it rains, it pours.

Love, Mikie