STRESS FOR YEARS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acheallover, Jan 26, 2006.

1. acheallover

acheallover New Member

GREETINGS FROM THE BEAUTIFUL BUT VERY WET NORTHWEST. I HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF STRESS FOR YEARS IN THE WORK PLACE. EVEN THOUGH I WOULD FEEL LIKE EXPLODING AT TIMES, MY LOVE FOR WORKING WITH PATIENTS IN HOSPICE GAVE ME THAT MOTIVATION TO CONTINUE. UPPER MANAGEMENT WAS MY CHALLENGE. MY EMPLOYEES WHERE AND ARE WONDERFUL. AND THE WORK IS SO VERY HONORING. I AM NOW NOT WORKING BECAUSE OF TWO WORK RELATED INJURIES, ONE BEING FIBRO. I HAVE AND AM TRYING TO BE GOOD TO MYSELF. RECENTLY, I STARTED ACCUPUNCTURE AND MASSAGE. I AM STARTING TO FEEL SOME RELIEF. MY BACK IS DESCRIBED AS A BOARD WITH SPASMODIC MUSCLES ON GOING. VIOXX WAS MY FRIEND FOR MANY YEARS. I AM STILL TRYING TO FIND A REPLACEMENT. I HAVE TRIED MANY MEDS. MY THOUGHT FOR TODAY, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST, BE GOOD TO YOURSELF EVERYDAY, AND BREATHE!!!! BLESSINGS TO ALL, PHYLLIS
    [This Message was Edited on 01/26/2006]
  2. pamsue

pamsue New Member

Hi Phyllis,

Sounds like you said that all in one breath! Lol!!

I have never tried accupuncture but I have heard good things from a few different people now, so maybe I will have to give it a try!

Massage therapy, I would have to say that sounds wonderful to me and must make you feel a little better, seems like most of us deal with very tight muscles, though I like what you said a board with spasmodic muscles, good line, especially good line from someone that dealt with so much stress. That is another big one for all it seems we just seem to get or feel worse with stress, but how do you get rid of it?

thanks for the info

pamsue