Stress help needed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tucker, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Tucker

Tucker New Member

I'm sure you have all had down times.
    I am having big stress and downtime at the moment, this seems to be making symptoms worse.
    My husband is off sick with work related stress at the moment. I am trying to be supportive but am finding mood swings hard to cope with, he is very angry and I am taking some backlash. He can't help it I know but I and losing the plot!

Advice anyone, has anyone had similar. Would St Johns Wort help, I am on thyroxine?

Val UK
  2. Tucker

Tucker New Member

I'm sure you have all had down times.
    I am having big stress and downtime at the moment, this seems to be making symptoms worse.
    My husband is off sick with work related stress at the moment. I am trying to be supportive but am finding mood swings hard to cope with, he is very angry and I am taking some backlash. He can't help it I know but I and losing the plot!

Advice anyone, has anyone had similar. Would St Johns Wort help, I am on thyroxine?

Val UK
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Thyroxine was mentioned on a program I watched recently, that if a person is taking it, he/she would need to watch what to take for depression, whether it be St. John's or FDA regs. Just in case....

Yep I bet you are down in the mouth....and having a hubby down in the mouth too definately would compound the problem! If matters did not improve I would first see my doc, healer, whoever it is that handles your FMS/CFIDS or whatever medical condition you have; then it would be off to a psychiatrist or psychologist, whichever would be appropriate.

Good luck. CactusLil'