Stress is draining me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I am so very tired.I have a diagnoses coming up soon for possible breast cancer.I may have to wait as late as thurs. for results.I hurt but the fatigue is by far the worst it has been.It's like my brain has checked out and so has my body.I feel over drugged but haven't even taken extra meds. for nerves cause I know they will knock me out.

Has anyone ever had to deal with something like this while having FM?How do you keep from hurting and feeling so tired with the possibilty of cancer.I just want to be left alone.I guess depression is showing it's ugly face.

I am gonna go sit back down and cover up.These cold chills are about to drive me crazy.
    Thanks for the help.
    Sheila
  2. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

Hi Sheila. I know how you feel. I had cancer surgery almost 3 years ago. I was in bad shape already with the fibro so this just made it worse. I had to have my thyroid gland removed due to cancer and that put me right out of whack. The best way I got thru it was to just live in today. If I thought about tomorow or next year I would feel over whelmed. So I just kept saying to myself"ok , I can handle today" and soon it just became habbit. I stopped living in tomorow and worrying about the future. It removed so much stress for me. When you think about it , you really can handle today or that moment. It worked for me and I still use that thought process. I hope this helps.
    hugs, poodlemum
    ps. I forgot to add that Im feeling so much these days now that the cancer is gone and Im dealing with stress better
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

the one day at a time, even at times one second at a time is the answer. We will be praying for you. You will need your strength no matter what the answer is so take extra good care of yourself right now.
    Hugs, Bambi