stress management

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynncats, May 16, 2009.

1. lynncats

lynncats New Member

I've known a few people, I'd like to do this too, LOL. Enjoy, I don't mean anything bad, but this put a smile on my face!!

LYNN

Stress management

Just in case you are having a rough day, here is a stress management technique used traditionally in Sicily.

The funny thing is that it really does work and will make you smile.

1. Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal clear stream.

2. Picture yourself with both your hands dangling in the cool running water.

3. Birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air.

4. No one knows your secret place.

5. You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the world.

6. The soothing sound of a gentle water fall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

7. The water is so crystal clear that you can easily make out the face of the person you are holding underwater.

There!! See? It really does work. You're smiling already. Feel free to forward this if you know others who might benefit from this technique.
  2. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

I thought: Oh, geez. Here we go with yet another "picture yourself someplace peaceful" routine.
    Then I got to #7!!!
    Thankx 4 the chuckle!!!!!!

;D
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

That was funny. I am going to email that to some friends!

It reminds me of the one...(cannot remember how it really goes)
    but something like.....
    Pushing the people down the stairs is sort of like watching a slinky -
    you just can't help by smile.

I know I have that wrong - but it was funny at the time. Bad but funny!!
  4. lynncats

lynncats New Member

thanks for enjoying that! I loved it.

Lynn
  5. DemonFairy

DemonFairy New Member

I love it! I especially needed it today. I think it's even given me the extra bit of energy I needed to get up and take a shower. I know you all know how difficult that can be sometimes for us, and I've had a lot of "sometimes" lately, so I need a good scrubbin'. I'll shower and let my thoughts wander to all of those relaxing thoughts, especially number 7.

Thanks so much for posting it!
  6. lynncats

lynncats New Member

I just couldn't resist posting that, I'm glad it made a few peoples day!! I'm glad it help you. Take care, and enjoy your day!!

LYNN
  7. lynncats

lynncats New Member

I glad you liked it.

Take care!!