stress managment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrmadd, May 1, 2003.

1. mrmadd

mrmadd New Member

Iam 21 and have been diagnosed with cfs for about 2.5 years now. Lately I have been making progress with my chronic fatigue, the vitamin c and magnessuim seemed to help. However, in my attempt to keep busy I aquired a job meaning excess stress. I really hate to go back on ssri's, but I need something to hlp me manage the stress so I dont regress. Iam considering some type of vitamin or something: any suggestions. -Walter
  2. KristyW

KristyW New Member

Have you thought about trying a herbal medicine. Those don't give you side effects. I would maybe tlak with your doctor and see if he can recommend anything natural for it.

KristyW
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

There are many herbs for stress, but was it necessary to find a job that you know is stressful??

The magnesium you mentioned should help, its natures natural tranquilizer.

Also there is SamE, it is also suppose to be good for stress.

St. John's Wort is another, but be careful, some people have adverse reactions to it. Myself included. I got dizzy from it.

Valerian is also good, its the herbal alternative to Valiumn, but again, it can make you sleepy.

Do some research before you get involved and be sure to try one thing at a time, like for two weeks before taking something else too. That way if it does not agree with you, then you know what it is.

Good luck!

Shalom, Shirl