Stress..Stress..All I need is more stress right now....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

As if I'm not having a hard time dealing with this new dx and coping with pain and whatever I may endure in the day. I got a call from our local police dept last night at 9:00 and my 17 yr old son was arrested for having a pipe in his pocket. So great add on to my stress and now we'll probably have to go to court and I can barely stand up on my own. My husband had to drive me to pick up my son cause I was shaky so bad and to make matters worst he doesnt understand what I'm going thru and is saying I'm doing all the wrong things as a parent. Yes Stress..As if this hasnt put a hardship in our relationship already, it just keeps getting worst. I just want to run away...
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

As if I'm not having a hard time dealing with this new dx and coping with pain and whatever I may endure in the day. I got a call from our local police dept last night at 9:00 and my 17 yr old son was arrested for having a pipe in his pocket. So great add on to my stress and now we'll probably have to go to court and I can barely stand up on my own. My husband had to drive me to pick up my son cause I was shaky so bad and to make matters worst he doesnt understand what I'm going thru and is saying I'm doing all the wrong things as a parent. Yes Stress..As if this hasnt put a hardship in our relationship already, it just keeps getting worst. I just want to run away...
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I am so sorry to hear of your additional stress...as a mother of 4, I went through the stressful teenage and post teenage years as well and it does put a damper on your marriage, especially if your husband is NOT the father of your children. Life's lessons for kids are always hard on the family....this, too, shall end. We'll pray that it does soon.
    Be well and try to relax...
    Kady
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

So sorry you're going thru all this at once. Order the patient guide (1st post on every page & it's free) to share w/ your family. You could also get something from the web in the meantime, but make it a short easily read article on what fms is. If your dr is good, ask your hubby to go w/ you on your next visit to meet your dr, then let him hear the dr or his nurse explain it. Sometimes spouses have a hard time dealing w/ this, cause we look healthy, it is a hard-to-explain syndrome, & it's not something you can take a few pills & be cured. Hopefully, like most spouses, he will come around soon.

As far as your son, I would explain what his actions cost you as far as your health is concerned. He's old enough that he should be supportive of you & not causing you more stress (I had to have a heart-to-heart w/ both my 19 & 13 yr old sons-for the most part they've really been a lot more supportive).

Finally, look at the "relaxation tip" I posted this morning. It's from arthritis.com (a board like this from our sponsor except its arthritis), but I posted it here cause this is the one thing so many of us have trouble doing...dealing w/ stress & we really pay for letting it and our emotions get to us.

Take care. Hang in there!! And remember, you're not alone. Come here anytime for support or just to vent. Michele

5. MsJoey

MsJoey New Member

time and there were a few rough years there. Now he is a very responsible 21 year old, engaged to be married and dedicated to his job, and more recently, found out they are making us Grandparents again! (their 1st baby) So hang in there! I just about went nuts during those couple of years though. My regret is that I HAD to work and could not be around enough except evenings and weekends to supervise. I always found the best way to deal with these types of things is to take your boy to a neutral location, like a restaurant, or go for a drive or a walk, and just talk one-on-one about how hard it is to be a teenager and relate some of your teen stories. Let him know how much you care and how you're there for him anytime. Just keep talking! I know you are probably doing all you can already. You sound like a good Mom. Hang in there, it WILL get better. We're all here for you. Jo