Stress Test Tommorrow

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by louiesgirl2, Aug 18, 2005.

1. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

Just wanted to update you all. Saw my doctor today, boy was he made at me. He said I should have gone right to the hospital if I had symptoms of what could have been heart problems.

He has scheduled a stress test tommorrow. It takes from 4-6 hours. Hubby will take me ashe has appointment for his regular visit at same time. Then he will come back for me later. I have not told him yet. He freaks when he thinks there is something wrong with me.

I will let you know what happens.

Thanks all for your caring.

Phyliss
  2. Risk

Risk New Member

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck tomorrow with your stress test. The test itself isn't bad, it's just waiting around. They inject you with a radioactive substance (I had cardiolite), then they wait a bit, perform the stress test, then the echo, then you wait an hour or so and go under the scanner. Be sure to pack something to eat, as you will be allowed food before they scan you, but not before the actual stress test.

I've had the test done twice, always thinking that there was something wrong with my heart, but both times were normal, so they chalked it to fibro and anxiety. But it never hurts to rule other things out.

My thoughts will be with you. Please let us know how you make out. They usually tell you right then and there if there is a cardiologist on staff.

Hugs,

Rene