stress, then a speeding ticket, I cant do this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Oct 31, 2005.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

The stress is catching up with me. My husbands suicide attemt last august, his depression, my diabetes, the FM, my depression. I could go on and on, but I am just at the end of my rope. I got stopped this afternoon and got a $161 dollar speeding ticket. I dont have the money. I just dont want to do this life anymore. I am tired of pain, I am tried of not having things I need, I am lonely. I am just tired. I am sorry about having a pitty party, but sometimes you just have had enough. Prayer for me please, I cant do this anymore. Julie
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

Last year my Grandmother lost her husband, her mother and her youngest son. She realized that God gives us only what we can handle - it seems like it is too much at the time but you will get though it.

Keep your chin up - family is the most important thing and you need to learn to lean on one another. Your husband needs to learn to be there for you as well.

You can come here for support any time as well.

Gentle hugs
    Kelly
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm sorry to hear about all of the problems going on. Is there anyone you could borrow the money from to pay for the ticket? Could you put it on a credit card? I've never been to court, so I don't know how they do things.

I have diabetes too and the stress that causes us to flare with FM, worsens our diabetes too. I know how hard it is to deal with just both of those. I don't think anyone else who doesn't deal with diabetes could understand that it isn't a piece of cake (no pun) to deal with to try to keep your sugars as normal as possible, especially if you are on pills or insulin.

The stress raises your sugar and you feel even worse and with the FM, it is like a double edged sword.

Sending you prayers. I hope you can find a solution for the ticket. I don't know if a court will take payments or not.

Julie, if I can do this, you can do this. I'm tired of dealing with it all too, but we just don't have any choice. There is more to life than these illnesses and money, etc. But I do understand what you are saying.

Just try to hang in there a bit longer.

Big hugs,
    Faye
  4. justlooking

justlooking New Member

you can do a class, aka traffic school, for certain types of tickets. Now a days you can even do them online! Often you pay a portion of the ticket, do the class and you will also avoid it going onto your insurance! Check and see what options you have by calling the courthouse or going to their website.

Sincerely
    JL
  5. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

At the end of your rope; tie a knot and hang on; it will pass and will get better. You will be in my prayers - God Bless and Gentle Fibro Hugs - Bobby
  6. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

In my state (RI) - if you haven't had a ticket in three years you can got to court and plead "good driving record". You may have to pay court fees but not the ticket. It's worth checking out. Even if not you can request to go to court and explain your financial limitations, they might work something out for you.

Hang tight!

Kathi
  7. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

Hi Julie, these hard times will get better. Sometime being near my pets helps me during times like this.
  8. albrn

albrn New Member

I understand that right now it seems like too much to handle, but please don't give up. Try to keep positive thoughts (Yes, I know this is easy to say, hard to do). Just know than many of us will be praying for you and we are here for you. It's hard to give hugs over the internet, but if you were here I'd give you a huge hug!
    Hang in there and believe things will get better. Never give up!
    ~Lynn
  9. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Thanks for all the kind words. I know you all know about the stress thing. Stress is very hard on FM, and very dangerous on diabetes. My blood sugars have been in the 300's all day long. Thats probably why I got the ticket. Well I was trying to get a van off of my tail, but no excuses, I was going a little over the limit, and I was trying to get home from my husbands doctors appt, and it was just too much. I really should pray before I get in the car everytime I get in.
    I have found some useful advise on the internet. I read about asking for a different court date, and hopeing the motorcycle cop that pulled me over doesnt show up, if he does, then plead with a no contest, and if I do get fined anyway, ask how long I have to pay and also take a copy of my perfect driving record with me. I have until the 1st of December, but in the meantime, its keeping my cool under pressure and taking care of myself. I sure hope I can get out of this. Thanks again, Julie
  10. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

Did you break the sound bearier? Just kidding but really how fast were you going in in what speed zone. The most I ever had was $85 in Michigan and that was just about a year ago. I thought that was high. Here is MI though if you have over seven point in a given year; which could mean 2-3 tickets; which I've had before; they will now hit you with a driver's liscense re-enstatement fee of $500.00. More money for the wonderul Gov Jennifer Granholm. She is making it so if someone that could not aford the ticket would be driving without a liscense. There are a lot of unemployed in Michigan; I think we are at 7%. And now with the price of oil and natural gas. Gonna being a hard Christmas for a lot of people; I should be more grateful what i do have. Anyways talk to them and they may work something out. I know in Michigan if you go to fight the ticket and the officer that gave you the ticket does not show in court it is dismissed, no tickets, no points, no higher insurance. Don't know if this is still true but it was about 7 years ago. Call them and see if they will work out a plan. If not set a court date and try it before the Judge; what do you have to lose. Unless you have to take unpaid time off of work but even then a hefty ticket can make your insurance premiiums go up down the road.

About 7 years ago I was driving home late at night after work about 15 hours, fell asleep at the wheel and ended up in the ditch. I was woke up by the police and he wrote me up for reckless driving. I explain that I have FMS and CFIDS and he said why did you not tell me sooner I would have not written you up. He said but I won't show up in court and he didn't and it was dismissed immediately. That would have been 6 points and big fine. 12 points in MI and you can lose your liscense. So there are some caring officers out there. I should say a lot of caring officers.
  11. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

The ticket was on the highway, and he ticketed me for doing only 10 miles over. I am going to try the "change the court date thing", and see if the cop even shows up. I am still in shock over that.
    Well today, I got the bill in the mail for the real estate taxes, and they went up over $100.00 more than last year. Thats extra that I didnt plan on. I am on the brink here, and I am not sure, I use to believe that God didn't put more on you than you can handle, but now I am not sure. I hardly ever get bad, but when I start laughing psychoticly, then I know I am in a really bad place. But one thing I have learned to say, is that never say " what else, because something else will happen.
    Thanks again for all the kind words, I hope I can calm down and listen to them in a day or so. God bless, Julie