STRESS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mellow, Sep 26, 2002.

1. mellow

mellow New Member

Hi Kayfrey,

Yes, I did have a lot of very stressful events prior to the FM. These all occurred one after the other and all involved family members. I was the one who had to handle them. When I look back and count up how many events happened and the time span, plus the fact that I was dealing with rheumatoid arthritis myself, it's a wonder I am still here. I do agree with what Klutzo has said re our nervous systems. I am currently reading Fibromyalgia and the Mind/Body/Spirit Connection. I would highly recommend this book. My rheumatologist told me that the FM was due to unresolved stress, there was nothing he could do and showed me the door! I couldn't even ask a question. I told my GP and will be seeing someone else in future.

Mellow
  2. mellow

mellow New Member

Hi Kayfrey,

Yes, I did have a lot of very stressful events prior to the FM. These all occurred one after the other and all involved family members. I was the one who had to handle them. When I look back and count up how many events happened and the time span, plus the fact that I was dealing with rheumatoid arthritis myself, it's a wonder I am still here. I do agree with what Klutzo has said re our nervous systems. I am currently reading Fibromyalgia and the Mind/Body/Spirit Connection. I would highly recommend this book. My rheumatologist told me that the FM was due to unresolved stress, there was nothing he could do and showed me the door! I couldn't even ask a question. I told my GP and will be seeing someone else in future.

Mellow
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I'm so sorry you had a rheumatologist tell you that. What is it with some of these doctors? There should be a list somewhere with all the names of these horrible doctors. My son had a gastro dr. who was awful, and I tell everyone I know not to go to him. I hope you find someone who is up-to-date on FMS and how to treat it. You gotta watch out for yourself!

Annette2