STRESS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hypo, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Hypo

Hypo New Member

Hi, Can anyone please tell me if stress can cause the FM to become worse, or is it becaused you are stressed that makes you feel the pain more.
    Thanks alot
  2. Hypo

Hypo New Member

Hi, Can anyone please tell me if stress can cause the FM to become worse, or is it becaused you are stressed that makes you feel the pain more.
    Thanks alot
  3. sybil

sybil New Member

the stress i have is caused by doctors who won't listen to me and do anything to help me.apart from that i'm usually quite cheerful,

sybilxxx
  4. Hypo

Hypo New Member

Thanks for coming back to me. I now understand why the pain just seems to be going on and on. I am under a lot of pressure right now regarding my job etc. and my inability due to pain.
    Also the Dr.'s who will not accept the condition. There is a big Court case going on here at the moment where the lady is demanding that she has FM and that it be accepted. She has stacks and stacks of documents drawn from the internet to backup here case. The outcome of this court case will affect a lot of people, including me because of my disability claim.
    Regards
  5. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

Acute stress causes symptoms of nervousness, shakiness, upset stomach, frequent urination, leg weakness, all of which I think can be symptoms of Fibro! And yes, stress definitely makes them all worse! (though it doesn't usually cause me more pain other than in a tense/stiff neck & shoulders)

Marcus
    [This Message was Edited on 11/04/2002]
  6. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

It seems to make my FMS flare up. Hang in there lotes of soft huges. stephanie