STRESSED applied for SSDI this week and Rita is headed our way!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NifferA, Sep 20, 2005.

1. NifferA

NifferA New Member

I can't sit still. I was already stressed over my SSDI application, and now hurricane Rita is gaining strength and the Houston area is in it's path. I've made a list of things to take and have non-perishable food and water...we aren't sure yet if we will leave, but we will most likely decide tomorrow. I need to drop off all my medical release forms and birth certificate at the Social Security office tomorrow first thing. I leave for my Aquatic Therapy class in a few minutes...I will ask a lady there what her plans are since she lives nearby. We won't get storm surge, but possibly high winds and flooding. Sorry for the ramble.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Niffera:
    Good luck with Rita. You might have some fear from Katrina.
    Justifiably so. Good idea checking with neighbors.
    Remember a battery operated radio, candles, flashlights,etc. You probably know this already. Just concerned. And good luck with SSA.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. NifferA

NifferA New Member

I have the supplies, but you are right Katrina has put the fear in me. I also dread the fibro pain the storm will bring.

After I wrote the post, I got a call from the photographer letting me know they lost the digital images of my daughter's senior pictures. She will have to re-do her session. She was in an auto accident and it aggravated her FM, so she won't be thrilled with having to redo an hour and a half photo session.

It hasn't been a good day. :-(
  4. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

I will be praying and thinking about you. I'm relieved you are prepared. It amazes me how some people refuse to get things ready in case it gets bad.

5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Sorry about Rita possibly affecting the New Orleans area. Now they say it is an cat 2 hurricane. I feel so sorry for all in Texas and in the Gulf areas.

You all have been through so much and now this again.

Many prayers to you and all.

Hugs,
    Faye
  6. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I too am glad you are perpared!! I think Katrina has put more fear and the wanting to be prepared to leave...which is a good thing.

As others have said and Im sure you know, just have a little suit case ready with a few clothes and other important things you many need...Medication etc..And if you stay have all the things you need in case the power goes out etc.. My thougts and Prayers are with you & your family!!!

I remember when we had a Tornado come thorugh her last year, well we have had several come through here, but not as close as the one last year...I can remember i had been at the hostipal all night with a friend and her mother who had cancer.

I came home about 6 am crawled in the bed and was awoken by my father and friend calling telling me to get in the basement, a tornado was headed right for us. I grabed my pocket book, radio, cell phone, reg phone, my scanner (scanners are good to have during this time), flashlight, bottled water and then my 2 fur babies and headed to the basement. My little dogs were scared to death, epecailly seeing I was scared....funny how dogs know when something is so wrong. We all three had gotten in the furtherest corner of the basment and as I listened to the scanner, it was getting closer and I was hearing where the twister was only miles from us and down on the ground...I then was able(somehow) to pull the couch over us....I could hear a train like noise....It was horriable...my husband was at work at the time, and I could not get in touch with him....I hope, I never have to go through that again...Thank God, no one was hurt and there was little damage to my property...only things in the yard all over the place from the wind.

I wish you much Luck with you disability...Hang in there!!

((((Hugs)))) & Prayers
    Bluerose
  7. NifferA

NifferA New Member

Rita is now a Category 4 storm and we will be heading to central Texas Thursday morning. I have all the important papers, clothes for about a week, meds, plus some other stuff. I will grab the pictures we can take. We are taking two cars for our family of 5, and my sister will be caravaning with us.

Thanks for your prayers.